I'm not an oldhead, but after hearing this track I realize Hip-Hop has lost something

DaveyDave

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Australia
:yeshrug: you just have to learn to adapt

Nah you just ignore the crap and only listen to shyt you think is dope. I don't go around listening to DS2 when I know I think it will be drivel. There will always be some dope shyt out there and you don't have to look too far to find it. If you think "it's over" then you prob have a fukk ton of old music to dig through before you run out of new shyt

Daps
Reppin
Yeah
Nah you just ignore the crap and only listen to shyt you think is dope. I don't go around listening to DS2 when I know I think it will be drivel. There will always be some dope shyt out there and you don't have to look too far to find it. If you think "it's over" then you prob have a fukk ton of old music to dig through before you run out of new shyt
True

nieman

Daps
Reppin
Philly

I agree but I disagree to some extent. It's actually a lot harder to find good music, especially for the older crowd that's not really in tune with the internet 24-7. With no radio play, no print ads, only finding videos online when you look for them/Google fav artists, it makes things much more difficult to know who or what's out there. That's what I think people mean when they say harder to find music. It's easily accessible but difficult to discover.

Address_Unknown

Jesus Loves you...Your Cat doesn't. {#Dogset}
Daps

I had that stance for a bit with all the new shyt that comes out that at a glance sounds like straight up garbage, example The Migos until I lowered my expectations and found myself liking it enough. Did the same for future on his first album before he turned into this confusingly popular wall of autotuned gibberish and lean marketing that he don't even participate in and found a few tracks that were actually decent bangers even though I don't exclusively fukk with dude. :yeshrug: I mean shyt like Young Thug and Chief Keef no matter how I try sounds like all the way crap, but to be honest you're prolly better off just finding the shyt you want to like instead of being obsessive compulsive like myself and trying to justify listening to all the shyt I don't so I can say I fully DON'T like it after listening to too much of it.:snoop:

Unknown Poster

I had to do it to em.
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
SOHH Class of 2006
People love that shyt but the increase in fukk boys and weirdos have changed the game
This
This as well.

Dont be that 30+ year old dude forcing themselves to like the stuff thats out now that they dont really like just to not appear out of touch with the kids. Listen to what you like ignore what you dont. :yeshrug:

Unknown Poster

I had to do it to em.
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
SOHH Class of 2006
I agree but I disagree to some extent. It's actually a lot harder to find good music, especially for the older crowd that's not really in tune with the internet 24-7. With no radio play, no print ads, only finding videos online when you look for them/Google fav artists, it makes things much more difficult to know who or what's out there. That's what I think people mean when they say harder to find music. It's easily accessible but difficult to discover.
This climate of music consumption with the tech game is not for people cant adapt to it. There are people my age and older putting me onto new and dope music all the time...theres no excuse. I dont ever want to hear that "its hard to find good new music" excuse ever again from fossils. I find good new music to listen to everyday.