I'm serious when I say this: The Coli (and elsewhere) needs BALANCE in it's slang and terminology

you're NOT "n!ggas"

FKA ciroq drobama
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Astronomy (8th light)
If I had to pick, the number one thing that separates us from animals is language and the power is provides.
They may be able to communicate with one another, but language allows communication in the abstract... It's the difference between communicating "I'm angry!" and "I'm angry because xyz"

That being said, the abstract is arbitrary. It can be whatever you want. I don't agree with a lot of the terminology thrown around on here :francis: AT ALL, but it exists for a reason. My whole thing is... as the OP notes. We need BALANCE. Otherwise you're left with a cess pool.

Yeah, we all know what a "c00n" is, but what do you call someone that's upright and about the advancement of his/her people? Where's the term for that? I know what "Hoe Babble" is, but what do you call it when you see a black woman affirming what you believe in??? Why isn't there a phrase for that? Ya'll get what I'm saying here???

Our language, and the way we communicate with one another, is grossly underestimated. You either build or destroy, please be intentional in the way you speak. Last of all, never forget, you're NOT "nikkas" :lawd:

Yinny

Biracial a little bit
Daps
Reppin
Shangri-La
I don’t know what a c**n is. I thought I did but the way it’s used on here :ld:

I also think it’s a disgusting word so I don’t use it, but clarity would be swell.

TL15

Veteran
Daps
Slang is meant to generalize ideas and things, not expound. It’s meant to be shorthand.

you can call an ambitious woman who has all of the good qualities a “queen” (and we do sometimes :manny:)

You can call a do gooder a “king” and we do sometimes as well :myman: :salute:

If you only look for negative, you’ll only see negative

Colicat

Docile & dominant @ the same damn time
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Adjacent to the King
If I had to pick, the number one thing that separates us from animals is language and the power is provides.
They may be able to communicate with one another, but language allows communication in the abstract... It's the difference between communicating "I'm angry!" and "I'm angry because xyz"

That being said, the abstract is arbitrary. It can be whatever you want. I don't agree with a lot of the terminology thrown around on here :francis: AT ALL, but it exists for a reason. My whole thing is... as the OP notes. We need BALANCE. Otherwise you're left with a cess pool.

Yeah, we all know what a "c00n" is, but what do you call someone that's upright and about the advancement of his/her people? Where's the term for that? I know what "Hoe Babble" is, but what do you call it when you see a black woman affirming what you believe in??? Why isn't there a phrase for that? Ya'll get what I'm saying here???

a) Woke/ Militant
b) bytch
:francis:

Shabazz

All Star
Daps

Our language, and the way we communicate with one another, is grossly underestimated. You either build or destroy, please be intentional in the way you speak. Last of all, never forget, you're NOT "nikkas" :lawd:
EPqcnjgX4AEwv7E.jpg

you're NOT "n!ggas"

FKA ciroq drobama
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Astronomy (8th light)
Intelligent dialogue? :leon:
I just be thinking about shyt breh
KNecQKG.gif

Slang is meant to generalize ideas and things, not expound. It’s meant to be shorthand.

you can call an ambitious woman who has all of the good qualities a “queen” (and we do sometimes :manny:)

You can call a do gooder a “king” and we do sometimes as well :myman: :salute:

If you only look for negative, you’ll only see negative
My point exactly :myman: You see it expressed all the time on here "not this thread again :shaq2:" -- what are brehs REALLY saying there??
As for the other parts of your post (still on point), I'm saying... I've never seen "Queen speaks" or some variation on here. We're not doing ourselves any favors hunting for "hoe babble". Again, I see it across social media... brehs are bitter with black women cause of where their attention an intentions are :hhh: you reap what you sow,
a) Woke/ Militant
b) bytch
:francis:
That's a convo in and of itself. The affirmational terms we DO have for one another are always subverted and turned into a diss.

"So and so is 'woke' :mjlol:"

They're "militant" :russ:

"Hotep" :laff:

language is powerful

Cladyclad

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Detroit Lions, Michigan Wolverines & LWO
I ain’t got time to be on the Coli typing well thought out, grammatically correct, word of the day shyt.

I’m gon misspell words. Talk incoherently. And swear like a motherfukker. I ain’t trying to win a Pulitzer:unimpressed:

you're NOT "n!ggas"

FKA ciroq drobama
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Astronomy (8th light)
I ain’t got time to be on the Coli typing well thought out, grammatically correct, word of the day shyt.

I’m gon misspell words. Talk incoherently. And swear like a motherfukker. I ain’t trying to win a Pulitzer:unimpressed:
we
I don't have anything against swearing, I do it all day.
My point is the character qualities we attribute to one another in our language.
The shyt ain't a pulitzer attempt either... it's pretty straight forward: We need words for shyt we actually LIKE :mindblown: don't tell me that's absurd :why:

Cladyclad

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Detroit Lions, Michigan Wolverines & LWO
we
I don't have anything against swearing, I do it all day.
My point is the character qualities we attribute to one another in our language.
The shyt ain't a pulitzer attempt either... it's pretty straight forward: We need words for shyt we actually LIKE :mindblown: don't tell me that's absurd :why:
I’m joshing u brother