I'm starting a Digital Marketing Agency- Progress thread

Hijo de luna

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
#ADOS
After several business failures, I was struggling to pick myself up from the last one. But I'm excited to get started again. Corporate life is pure agony. And they are putting the pressure on me to get another cert. I have zero interest in growing inside someone else's empire, I'm trying to create my own. Digital Marketing is getting saturated but there is an x-factor;niche.

Digital Marketing is basically online sales. We all know Sales is the lifeblood of any economy. If you know how to sell, you'll never be hungry. To me that's the best skill to have. But this isn't the 1940's, door to door vacuum cleaner selling. Today the sale begins online. Instead of the gift of the gab, its all about SEO, web design, copy-writing, social media management etc. Everyday businesses are getting started, the internet isn't going anywhere anytime soon. Digital Marketing is a $120b industry-Capture 0.0083% of that market and you're a millionaire. Anybody with an internet connection and hustle can get a piece of this pie.

Niche

The industry I work in now was right under my nose the entire time. When we're reviewing customers for a credit line, we look at their online presence. If they appear to be shytty and small, 9/10 their credit line will be shytty and small. Of course that's not the totality of our decision making, but there is a subconscious element that turns you off when something is out of date. My industry is very reliant on sales due to the competition. But its baby-boom/blue-collar so everyone is really behind on tech side and isn't taking advantage of some of the opportunities out there. I don't claim to be an expert on lead generation but I've learned lots of tweaks over the past few years, things that actually work.

So this is my progress thread to hold me accountable. I am going to build a system that works. If I'm on the Coli posting and wasting time then maybe I'm just not hungry enough. Perhaps the WS I work with that sigh when a black person sneezes aren't so bad after all.

January 12th 2019 - Bought a Udemy course on the overview of Digital Marketing and all of the components. I'm going to be subbing the work out but I still need to know enough to be a good Director and save myself headaches. I'm also going to continue my morning routine, wake up 4AM, quick yoga and meditation, start on course work. Devote a minimum of an hour a day on the 5 hr course.

Tr0yTV

All Star
Daps
Great thread, I do this on my own, I don't document it for the world to see but it's good to look back where you are a year from now.

Can you share any lessons learned in running a Digital Marketing or Web Design agency?

MMA

Superstar
Daps
Can you share any lessons learned in running a Digital Marketing or Web Design agency?
I can't speak on either, haven't done either. Closest beside myself running a security and data company. My good friend runs a Web development company which I assist a little with. You can do the scammy route charge the same standard rate like many do and just use website services like shopify, wordpress, wix's, squarespace. Or create a group of people who are frontend developers, backend developers, graphic designers find work/advertise to companies (not individuals unless you can find a niche market), even look at companies that need to update their website and continue to build a list of clients.

Cynic

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
After several business failures, I was struggling to pick myself up from the last one. But I'm excited to get started again. Corporate life is pure agony. And they are putting the pressure on me to get another cert. I have zero interest in growing inside someone else's empire, I'm trying to create my own. Digital Marketing is getting saturated but there is an x-factor;niche.

Digital Marketing is basically online sales. We all know Sales is the lifeblood of any economy. If you know how to sell, you'll never be hungry. To me that's the best skill to have. But this isn't the 1940's, door to door vacuum cleaner selling. Today the sale begins online. Instead of the gift of the gab, its all about SEO, web design, copy-writing, social media management etc. Everyday businesses are getting started, the internet isn't going anywhere anytime soon. Digital Marketing is a $120b industry-Capture 0.0083% of that market and you're a millionaire. Anybody with an internet connection and hustle can get a piece of this pie.

Niche

The industry I work in now was right under my nose the entire time. When we're reviewing customers for a credit line, we look at their online presence. If they appear to be shytty and small, 9/10 their credit line will be shytty and small. Of course that's not the totality of our decision making, but there is a subconscious element that turns you off when something is out of date. My industry is very reliant on sales due to the competition. But its baby-boom/blue-collar so everyone is really behind on tech side and isn't taking advantage of some of the opportunities out there. I don't claim to be an expert on lead generation but I've learned lots of tweaks over the past few years, things that actually work.

So this is my progress thread to hold me accountable. I am going to build a system that works. If I'm on the Coli posting and wasting time then maybe I'm just not hungry enough. Perhaps the WS I work with that sigh when a black person sneezes aren't so bad after all.

January 12th 2019 - Bought a Udemy course on the overview of Digital Marketing and all of the components. I'm going to be subbing the work out but I still need to know enough to be a good Director and save myself headaches. I'm also going to continue my morning routine, wake up 4AM, quick yoga and meditation, start on course work. Devote a minimum of an hour a day on the 5 hr course.

WTF is this breh ? :mjlol: what sort of organisations are you lending to ?

Digital Marketing is SEO,PPC/Mediabuying, CRO. UX and Social Media all in one.

Why not focus on getting the clients and then outsourcing all that other sh!t ?

Also the gift of gab is a universal skill ... especially in B2B

NZA

LOL
Daps
Reppin
These Internet Streetz
organic SEO:

keyword research (intent to buy, popularity, competitiveness)
on-site (meta stuff, copy, user experience, internal linking)
links (niche-relevant, EDU/GOV domains, social media shares)
citations/directories (niche or location specific, yelp, etc.)

all your studying needs to develop your knowledge in those 4 areas

Hijo de luna

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
#ADOS
WTF is this breh ? :mjlol: what sort of organisations are you lending to ?

Digital Marketing is SEO,PPC/Mediabuying, CRO. UX and Social Media all in one.

Why not focus on getting the clients and then outsourcing all that other sh!t ?

Also the gift of gab is a universal skill ... especially in B2B

It's an old school word of mouth/referral industry that derives most of its income on long-term customers. Search volume is abyssal. However, there may be some untapped vertical markets that they aren't taking advantage of; and digital marketing might be the solution to connect them with a particular customer. Once I can build the system, I'll definitely be outsourcing. Not trying to build myself a job.

MMS

Intensity Integrity Intelligence
Staff member
Daps
Reppin
Auburn, AL
It's an old school word of mouth/referral industry that derives most of its income on long-term customers. Search volume is abyssal. However, there may be some untapped vertical markets that they aren't taking advantage of; and digital marketing might be the solution to connect them with a particular customer. Once I can build the system, I'll definitely be outsourcing. Not trying to build myself a job.
Youre on the right track but dont assume that you cant build your own content strategy for your own business

We went from no traffic to our main page to 1000 visitors per month within 6 weeks. And those are qualified visitors at that because of the approach we are taking.

we offer white labeling services and we also can build new agencies for startups :sas1: I can put you on provided you aren't in my niche/target market

Tr0yTV

All Star
Daps
Youre on the right track but dont assume that you cant build your own content strategy for your own business

We went from no traffic to our main page to 1000 visitors per month within 6 weeks. And those are qualified visitors at that because of the approach we are taking.

we offer white labeling services and we also can build new agencies for startups :sas1: I can put you on provided you aren't in my niche/target market

Where do I start? :mjpls:

Already have my LLC :mjpls:

Last edited:
  • Dap
Reactions: MMS

Hijo de luna

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
#ADOS

Much respect, appreciate it breh. I'm in the steel industry. Its a real handshake/word-of-mouth industry. The digital marketing strategy is going to look very different than traditional retail so white label probably won't be the answer. Eveybody in the industry has a online presence(website), but the shyts are basic and very much outdated-no strategic intent. So either there isnt much ROI on online marketing in the industry or no one has figured out how to make it work.

MMS

Intensity Integrity Intelligence
Staff member
Daps
Reppin
Auburn, AL
Much respect, appreciate it breh. I'm in the steel industry. Its a real handshake/word-of-mouth industry. The digital marketing strategy is going to look very different than traditional retail so white label probably won't be the answer. Eveybody in the industry has a online presence(website), but the shyts are basic and very much outdated-no strategic intent. So either there isnt much ROI on online marketing in the industry or no one has figured out how to make it work.
its this

every business is going online. My niche is engineering and professional services

I'll turn this into an interactive case study...case in point:

Martin's Metal Fabrication - Steel Fabrication, Laser Cutting, Sheet Metal Fabrication

This is a great example of a service company with poor website design but clearly a big value ladder.

All they lack is polish and a content strategy. I'm willing to bet their average cart value is anywhere from $5000-$30000 depending on the size of the job. I'd datamine to figure out who the decision maker is, then deliver a content drip based on SEO for service companies. If your product is catered to them they will contact you and then you demo/pitch the emotional outcome (visual of a new site, with content designed to bait engineers and managers).

The key is designing your product offering in such a way that you appear to be the "right fit" within minutes of interacting with your wares.

Imagine Martins Metal Fabricators using a template that my site would use:
http://scraper.tap.newdevbox.com/
Dumper - Just another WordPress site

just insert new logos and company photography :mjlit: