IMO living with your parents is totally underrated. Being a "responsible adult" is a fukking scam

DrX

Coming For The Crown (Japanese Dreaming)
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
My parents enjoy my company. They know that I'm not lazy. I always for the most part either held a job or 2 while perfecting my craft. Always bought my own food, paid my car note and bills. Never asked for a dime. Anyways They love my company BTW...y'all can hit me with all the basement jokes but its not what y'all idiots think. They're excited I'm back home. I do chores and perform my janitorial duties with both pride and passion.

I got a big room. My parents got a nice house. Real estate is so cheap here, u can nice houses. The basement is finished with carpet. They told me that I could turn it into an apartment If i want.

But yeah man. This shyt is actually kinda dope. I got a big ass desk with my laptop and drawing tablet. I got a big comfortable bed. I'm enjoying my stay here. I eat good food everyday. Drinking cold beverages, pumping this best of Barry White mixtape tape. My whip is paid off, i bang its going down by fab riding around the city. I go to the lake and chill and enjoy the weather

Life is good. No bills, no responsibility, no drama, no kids, no relationship drama. Just wake up and live. That's how life is suppose to be. I tried to do it the other way and u know what? it fukking sucked. All i did was take L's and get a foot up my ass. Was depressed all the time.

Why care? Why Try?

y'all suckers bought into that republican cracker bullshyt about being "responsible" "pull yourself up by your boots straps" mean while both them and their kids never worked a day in their life and got everything handed to them from nepotism while your dumbass is talking about "grinding" sweating trying to make it in a society that's a blatant fukking illusion. You're chasing a carrot on a string. The crown don't exist. While you're out feeling all accomplished n shyt, ppl like me are going to look and laugh as we avoid the pitfalls and end up laying in a hammock on a tropical island.

Don't get mad at people like me for making smart decisions. While u are being "responsible" with debt, bills, children, spouses, politics from your job. I'm sitting here totally debt free with a savings, whip, good food, music, and nice bed. And don't hit my with the "what about p*ssy" argument, because as y'all know i don't even care about sex. I'm almost asexual. Ill just go the rest of my life without a romantic partnership if that means I can avoid the pitfalls that might accompany it. fukk it. life is too short for all the stress with these imaginary benchmarks.

I got this new movement. Basically u live how ever u want and be totally free before u die, because death is approaching so why stress yourself trying to find a place in this matrix? sit back, relax and live a minimal life. Stop caring so much.

I'm about to get another job but I'm going to enjoy this free life

Last edited:

DrX

Coming For The Crown (Japanese Dreaming)
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
This is going plat
think about what im saying...im telling yall...freedom and happiness comes from unplugging and detaching yourself from the ideals that u were indoctrinated with

the more u chase these facade benchmarks the more pain you'll always experience

Last edited:

Marc Spector

the 4'11 Cuban
Daps
Reppin
The Milky Way
if ALOT of Black Parents werent either dysfunctional or tyrannical in running a house, youd see more Black folks staying til they got their shyt together.

I love my parents to death but I couldnt stay with them. I am an Atheist and they devoutly believe in God (and made me go to church every time i lived there). Plus the social hit your life takes living with parents is a burden as well.

King Poetic

My Richness is Life Forever
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
My Life My God
If u can do it..do it

Your parents house one day will be yours without a mortgage and all u have to do is pay property tax and homeowners insurance..

My cousins had the perfect situation staying with our grandmother and when she passed they had a house, but they took out a loan and used the house as collateral to start a business and they lost the house..

This is the reason our communities is not our communities..

I know a mexican couple living with his parents instead of getting into more debt by buying a house and it's working out good

Mirin4rmfar

Superstar
Daps
I love being a responsible adult. I lived with my parents until I was 23 then I moved out on my own to a new city. I love my freedom, I grew up with strict parents who were imo overly protective of me. Although I now understand why they may have done it. I don't think a child is ready to move out at 18 but people should take advantage of not paying many bills and setting up themselves for the future. I also do understand situations where you are the man of the house at a young age and have to contribute which handcuffs you to staying home.

UpAndComing

Veteran
Daps
Living with your parents after 21 is what I call the "hibernation stage"

It's a great way to build your money and credentials up for relatively free rent. That itself is underrated. Once you're out on your own, life goes faster. Living with your parents can slower the pace of life to really discover your calling and let productive plans fester

But like any hibernation/coc00n, there would be a time you will outgrow living with your parents, and that's when you should leave IMO

Last edited:

Passaro

All Star
Daps
i buy my own shyt....

i dont bother them...i come and go and stay to myself
Ah, well then I see no problems. Not many get a support system like that. Hope your moves pan out with that freedom

EndDomination

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Move out if you want to, don't move out if you don't.
Some people make far-more than enough money to live on their own, with no financial issues, others struggle because they want freedom, and still others are escaping bad homes.
If you're happy with your situation, you're fine. Not everyone wants to live at home, and that's fine too. :yeshrug:
Personally, I know I'll be moving out this upcoming year for school, and that'll be it for living with my parents.