In interesting stock news. Uber is looking to acquire Grubhub by Takeover.

Anerdyblackguy

Gotta learn how to kill a nikka from the inside
Supporter
Daps

Uber makes an offer for GrubHub - WSJ

May 12, 2020 11:21 AM ETGrubhub Inc. (GRUB)5 Comments
  • Uber (UBER +4.2%) is aggressively pursuing GrubHub (GRUB +24.4%), according to The Wall Street Journal.
  • The company approached GrubHub earlier this year and talks are still going on with an offer on the table.
  • Consolidation within the online food delivery sector has been highly-anticipated this year, with DoorDash (DOORD) and Postmates (POSTM) also in the speculation mix. Underlying the discussions is the impact of a huge surge in demand and costs amid the pandemic.
  • Previously: GrubHub jumps on report of Uber interest (May 12)

:gucci: Where is Uber getting all of this money? They had to pull out of 8 markets and are burning through money fast.

CodeBlaMeVi

I love not to know so I can know more...
Supporter
Daps
Revenue isn’t their only source of liquid capital. They can borrow and seek more money from investors plus I’m sure more people have been buying Uber stocks during the downturn so they have more liquidity.

ultraflexed

Superstar
Daps

Uber makes an offer for GrubHub - WSJ

May 12, 2020 11:21 AM ETGrubhub Inc. (GRUB)5 Comments
  • Uber (UBER +4.2%) is aggressively pursuing GrubHub (GRUB +24.4%), according to The Wall Street Journal.
  • The company approached GrubHub earlier this year and talks are still going on with an offer on the table.
  • Consolidation within the online food delivery sector has been highly-anticipated this year, with DoorDash (DOORD) and Postmates (POSTM) also in the speculation mix. Underlying the discussions is the impact of a huge surge in demand and costs amid the pandemic.
  • Previously: GrubHub jumps on report of Uber interest (May 12)

:gucci: Where is Uber getting all of this money? They had to pull out of 8 markets and are burning through money fast.

They just fired 3.5k people, that's where:yeshrug:

invalid

Banned
Daps
Makes sense.

shyt they need to acquire UPS.

I be using Uber to deliver shyt.

Mail, items, etc.

Girlfriend just left her keys at my spot. Called an Uber to deliver to her on the other side of town.

FLATOP

Superstar
Daps
Makes sense.

Mail, items, etc.

Girlfriend just her keys at my spot. Called an Uber to deliver to her on the other side of town.
So you dont get in the car??

1thouwow

Poster of the Year
Daps
Makes sense.

Mail, items, etc.

Girlfriend just left her keys at my spot. Called an Uber to deliver to her on the other side of town.
:ohhh:

TRY GOD

BOTH SIDES.
Daps
Reppin
GOD
Im ok with this:yeshrug:

Same with bezos possibly acquiring AMC:yeshrug:

In fact I'm seeing a lot of people at least online okay with the monopolisation of corporations in the 21st century. Something completely opposite of hundred years ago. Is it because the convenience factor? Are we really moving towards that shut in not going anywhere lifestyle, where we can get everything we desire like The Jetsons?:jbhmm:

Apollo Creed

Look at your face
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Handsome Boyz Ent
Nope. They pull up. I hand them the item. And let them know that somebody will be waiting for them to get the item when they pull up at the destination.

And give them a cash tip.

Haven't had anyone turn it down yet.

you might as well put together a UX prototype and sell it to Uber as an assest tracking feature.

invalid

Banned
Daps
you might as well put together a UX prototype and sell it to Uber as an assest tracking feature.

I'm not in tech so I wouldn't know the first thing about it.

But isn't it a bit redundant if their gps is tracking the drop off?

Originalman

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
OP a lot of major venture capitalists got money in uber.

Also Uber has no overhead. Most their employees contractors, they offer no vacation, 401k, health insurance or life insurance. They also don't cover the vehicle costs, repairs or gas in the vehicle or car insurance.

Its the ultimate hustle. The employee provides their car, car insurance, repair and fuel for their car, get nothing in longterm investments from the company. All they get is a paycheck.

Think about this OP. If you could pimp out some girls but didn't have to get them clothes, or feed them, or give them rides to johns, or get them out of jail, or pay for their doctor visits or get them a place to stay. But just once they fukked the john you walked into the motel room and took your 75% cut off the top dresser as the trick dropped off the 100 bucks for the quick suck and fukk.

As a pimp you would have a lot of money to "invest" too.