Indians just got Free school in Arizona. But will republicans let this slide?

CopiousX

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Native Americans in Arizona now get free tuition to all Arizona govt colleges.:ohhh:

This was not part of a treaty, and is purely for social justice purposes. A benefit specifically for one group? Sounds familiar? :jbhmm:

Link: Arizona to offer free undergraduate education to members of Arizona’s Native American tribes

Arizona to offer free undergraduate education to members of Arizona’s Native American tribes​

More than 400 students enrolled at the University of Arizona last year meet the criteria for...

More than 400 students enrolled at the University of Arizona last year meet the criteria for the new program, according to the university.(KOLD News 13)
By KOLD News 13 Staff
Published: Jun. 27, 2022 at 12:23 PM MDT|Updated: 19 hours ago

TUCSON, Ariz. (KOLD News 13) - Undergraduate students from the state’s 22 federally recognized Native American tribes will no longer have to pay tuition and mandatory fees at the University of Arizona main campus in Tucson.
Beginning in the fall, new and continuing full-time, degree-seeking undergraduates will be eligible for the Arizona Native Scholars Grant, the first program of its kind in Arizona. The program, funded through a reallocation of financial aid dollars, will be administered by UArizona Enrollment Management.
“Serving Arizona’s Native American tribes and tribal students is a crucial part of the University of Arizona’s land-grant mission, and the Arizona Native Scholars Grant program is another important step among many to do that,” said University of Arizona President Robert C. Robbins.
To be eligible, students must complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid, or FAFSA, and provide tribal identification. Native American tribes’ federal legal status allows universities to administer scholarships and grants to tribal members.
ADVERTISEMENT

More than 400 students enrolled at Arizona last year meet the criteria for the new program, according to the university.
Tucson is home to the Tohono O’odham Nation and Pascua Yaqui Tribe.
More details about the Arizona Native Scholars Grant, including how to apply, will be available on the Scholarships and Financial Aid website, along with information about other programs that serve Indigenous students.
Copyright 2022 KOLD News 13. All rights reserved.

Seems like other students will not be treated with "equal protection under the law" because of this government program....:mjpls:

Last edited:

CopiousX

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Considering most native Americans i've met look like elizabeth warren now, this is really just cacs giving themselves free college.
Depends on where you live. When growing up in georgia all the cherokee and creek i encountered pretty much fit your descri-tion of a typical white person, but the closer you move toward the southwest they begin to look extremely native american.

It blew my mind the first time i was in southeastern nevada trying to get to vegas and i pulled over into a random gas station i saw some of the most stereotypical, saturday morning cartoon-looking apache indians i ever did see. I did a literal double take, just like that chappelle show skit about him meeting a navaho in walmart and thinking there were extinct.:pachaha:

Wyoming indians also look really authentic from the few times ive been up there.:ehh:

Daps
1) according to the very first sentence, this doesn't apply to what OP posted as "all Arizona govt colleges".... it applies to one college, and one campus of that college- The U of A tucson campus. Which is BS, native americans should get free college wherever they want.
2) for some reason OP failed to increase font/bold this part of the article which explains part of treaty rights that OP claims this doesn't stem from "
“Serving Arizona’s Native American tribes and tribal students is a crucial part of the University of Arizona’s land-grant mission.....Native American tribes’ federal legal status allows universities to administer scholarships and grants to tribal members.
land-grant acts and tribal federal legal status (as sovereign nations) both stem from treaty rights.

this thread is embarrasing :huhldup:

but thanks for the news i guess lol. will pass on to native i know (most of which do not look like Elizabeth Warren lol)

Sonic Boom of the South

Louisiana, Army War Vet, Jackson State Univ Alum,
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Rosenbreg's, Rosenberg's...1825, Tulane
I'm not here to shyt on Native Americans but nobody ever mentions they had slaves walking with them during the trail of tears
The truth the truth
They don't ever hardly mention how EVERY major tribe had an individual treaty given to them that made them profiteers of Black slavery

Last edited:

Secure Da Bag

Veteran
Daps
Same way they gave them land and resources to run plantations to enslave Black people in the Treaty of 1866
:gucci: