Inspectah Deck: Hip-Hop Isn't Dead, It's Comatose & Needs a Jolt

IronFist

⛩️ 18 Arhat ⛩️
Supporter
Daps

As one of the globally recognized lyricists who helped to catapult the Wu-Tang Clan to unprecedented stardom, Inspectah Deck recently chopped it up with VladTV for an exclusive interview. Within this portion of his sit-down, he explains working with underground hip-hop duo 7L & Esoteric for their self-titled 2013 album 'Czarface,' and gives details on their sophomore release, 'Every Hero Needs a Villain.'

Speaking to the Hip-Hop heads who crave lyrical nourishment, Deck explains that 'EHNAV,' which drops on June 16, is an album to kick back and listen to. "This ain't nothing you gonna be making it rain to," he adds.

As the conversation continues, the Wu's Fifth Brother expresses his agreement with the popular sentiment of Hip-Hop being on extended life support. "I agree with the whole Hip-Hop is dead, but I don't believe it's dead, I believe it's comatose, man." Inspectah Deck then insists that his upcoming Czarface project will be the necessary jolt that will revive the ailing genre. "Hip-Hop needs a jolt, and I think that 'Czarface [2]' is so left field from everything that's out right now that you're not going to help but to notice it," Deck states.

Be sure to watch the entire segment as Inspectah Deck also speaks about why his group Czarface went with a comic book theme, and why he continues to invest so much energy into the genre he loves.

Hades

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
LOL. Hip Hop is always "dead" right before your album comes out. Or right before your tour is getting ready to begin. Or when the anniversary of one of your older albums comes around. Hip Hop being dead or in any stage of life support is cliche as f u c k. Cats really sound silly regurgitating this lie year after year. You would almost thing that there is money in the "revitalizing" Hip Hop spiel. Just sell your album without all that extra nonsense.

MAKAVELI25

the heir apparent
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
#ByrdGang
This hip hop is dead crap needs to stop. Cole just released a solid project. Wale just released a solid project. Drake just released a solid project. Sean just released his best album (not saying much, but still). T.I.'s last album was solid. Ludacris's last album was solid. Young Thug is releasing bangers. Kevin Gates is looking like he's about to go on his own run. Cats like Childish Gambino are stepping up. Boosie's last few mixtapes were heat. Jeezy's last album was solid. Hip Hop is very much alive and well, if you don't know where to look for quality music then that's on you :yeshrug:

TheDarceKnight

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Jiu Jitsu
Daps.

I love Deck but man. He's just not a solo album guy. I still would've loved to hear a pre-flood RZA produced debut featuring a prime Clan.

Billy Ocean

Divine Universal Black Man Representin'
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TPC
Daps.

I love Deck but man. He's just not a solo album guy. I still would've loved to hear a pre-flood RZA produced debut featuring a prime Clan.

On the low Deck first album was a damn good album and that mixtape he dropped last year, Cynthia's Son, was one of the best of the year.

SirBiatch

Prince of Persia. Stalked for daps
Daps
Hip hop is definitely comatose. 'Czarface' will not be that jolt back to life. In fact, it'll help keep hip hop on life support.