Intresting op ed from the NY Times re gun control

the next guy

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
http://www.nytimes.com/2013/01/02/opinion/who-pays-for-the-right-to-bear-arms.html?hp&_r=0

The police could do nothing, as the Panthers broke no laws. But three months later, Gov. Ronald Reagan signed into law one of the strictest gun control laws in the country.

The urban riots of the late 1960s — combined with rising crime rates and a string of high-profile assassinations — spurred Congress to pass federal gun control laws, banning interstate commerce in guns except for federally licensed dealers and collectors; prohibiting sales to felons, the mentally ill, substance abusers and minors; and expanding licensing requirements.

Type Username Here

Not a new member
Daps
Reppin
humans
In the 1960s, Huey P. Newton and the Black Panther Party made the gun a central symbol of black power, claiming that “the gun is the only thing that will free us.” On May 2, 1967, taking advantage of California’s lax gun laws, several Panthers marched through the State Capitol in Sacramento carrying raised and loaded weapons, generating widespread news coverage.

The police could do nothing, as the Panthers broke no laws. But three months later, Gov. Ronald Reagan signed into law one of the strictest gun control laws in the country.

[ame=http://youtu.be/Cz3isgUZe5Y?t=2m35s]MALCOLM X ON THE RIGHT TO BEAR ARMS - YouTube[/ame]

NYC Rebel

...on the otherside of the pond
Daps
I posted this earlier.

The Untold Story of Guns - On The Media

We’ve become accustomed in the past 20 years to seeing the issue of guns in America broken down into two camps: gun control advocates — led by police chiefs and Sarah Brady — and the all-powerful National Rifle Association. Bob talks to Adam Winkler, author of Gunfight: The Battle Over the Right to Bear Arms In America, who says there was a time, relatively recently, in fact, when the NRA Supported gun control legislation, and the staunchest defenders of so-called "gun rights" were on the radical left.

Type Username Here

Not a new member
Daps
Reppin
humans
I posted this earlier.

The Untold Story of Guns - On The Media

We’ve become accustomed in the past 20 years to seeing the issue of guns in America broken down into two camps: gun control advocates — led by police chiefs and Sarah Brady — and the all-powerful National Rifle Association. Bob talks to Adam Winkler, author of Gunfight: The Battle Over the Right to Bear Arms In America, who says there was a time, relatively recently, in fact, when the NRA Supported gun control legislation, and the staunchest defenders of so-called "gun rights" were on the radical left.

This is absolutely correct. Gun rights has been a "liberal" issue throughout most of history.

That's why I don't fukk with the NRA and never will. The NRA is a lobbying wing for gun manufactures that uses racism and scare tactics to push gun sales. It doesn't give a fukk about the 2nd Amendment.

Like I said earlier, if you want the NRA to push for a gun ban, all you have to do is encourage for blacks and latinos to be legal gun owners. That will change their tune very quickly.

NYC Rebel

...on the otherside of the pond
Daps
This is absolutely correct. Gun rights has been a "liberal" issue throughout most of history.

That's why I don't fukk with the NRA and never will. The NRA is a lobbying wing for gun manufactures that uses racism and scare tactics to push gun sales. It doesn't give a fukk about the 2nd Amendment.

Like I said earlier, if you want the NRA to push for a gun ban, all you have to do is encourage for blacks and latinos to be legal gun owners. That will change their tune very quickly.

EXACTLY....and it's the main reason why my wife and I are heading to the gun range and plan to join the NRA.

I want to see black membership into the NRA swell so they can AGAIN break apart into something else.

the next guy

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I just can't believe that Regan signed gun control because he was scared of legal gun owners. Who were black. This is all so they can shoot and kill your black ass.