Is a 9-5 really that soul crushing?

Uitomy

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Anxiety attacks and sugar cookies
To be honest, I dont mind that at all. I can understand if its a job you absolutely hate, but I dont get why people just abhor them all period. I've heard a lot of "fukk a 9-5" and "itll drain your soul" but I'd say I enjoy them (non-physical labor of course, but if you work out enough you can get used to that quicker anyway). I mean think about the hours, you wake up early enough to embrace the whole day, and you get off before night time usually. If you got things you wanna do on the side you have plenty of time to nap before the next day starts (say you get home 6 or 7, 3-4 hour nap and its still 10, unless traffic is real bad for you). And if what ever you do has you up to like 1-3 in the morning, that nap or period of rest before will make your sleep at that time easier to have while having to wake up in a smaller time frame. And from what I can tell most 9-5 jobs have a basic learning curve where you can get the hang of things within like a week or a month. So what really so bad about one?

Uitomy

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Yes. I work a 9-5 as my summer job for school

I couldn't imagine living like this my whole life. Clock in, do my work, come home to my 3 kids and wife every damn day

Doesn't seem too appealing...
But if you dont plan to really do it for your life than is really that bad paying your dues now with it and setting yourself up for later?

Kokoro

Passion
Supporter
Daps
But if you dont plan to really do it for your life than is really that bad paying your dues now with it and setting yourself up for later?
Naw not really. As long as you got the end goal in mind

But if you love what you do as a 9-5 and make a decent amount of money you prolly wouldn't mind working that job.

MoroccanBoy

Madness
Daps
People who complain about a 9-5 never had to work a 6-6 night shift. They never had to work manual labor, they never had to work in factories and warehouses with immigrants that can't even speak English. I would kill for a 9-5. shyt I'd kill for a permanent job period. You don't know how lucky you are

Uitomy

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Naw not really. As long as you got the end goal in mind

But if you love what you do as a 9-5 and make a decent amount of money you prolly wouldn't mind working that job.
I think thats a big key in it, like we all want to do something else cause I understand those jobs can get tedious and boring very quick but in this kind of world and country that kind of what you've got to do if you don't strike gold quick. I hope you dont have to work that forever and do what you really want to tho, thats the best blessing.