Is a hour of cardio too much?

Bledswole

Slappin and clowning chumps for fun.
Daps
Reppin
Detroit
My man tryna gain muscle and weight while limiting as much fat as possible he’s going to go for 3500 calories a day,lift 4 times out the week and throw in a hour of cardio a day 3 times out the week. What y’all think?

The ADD

Old Master
Daps
My man tryna gain muscle and weight while limiting as much fat as possible he’s going to go for 3500 calories a day,lift 4 times out the week and throw in a hour of cardio a day 3 times out the week. What y’all think?
Depends on the cardio really. And hour of walking sure, and hour on the treadmill and I would probably suggest another route.

One thing to look at is doing sprints, sleds etc as part of his cardio. Since he’s in a surplus he can get a good session in each week and that probably helps his end goal more than running on a treadmill IMO

BillBanneker

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Seems like a bit too much IMO with the cardio, unless maybe he's just walking. Should just have a small calorie surplus (which what you should do anyway IMO) or maybe even eat at maintenance until the strength gains plateau and then add cals when necessarily if he's that concerned about fat gain.

Bledswole

Slappin and clowning chumps for fun.
Daps
Reppin
Detroit
Depends on the cardio really. And hour of walking sure, and hour on the treadmill and I would probably suggest another route.

One thing to look at is doing sprints, sleds etc as part of his cardio. Since he’s in a surplus he can get a good session in each week and that probably helps his end goal more than running on a treadmill IMO

Seems like a bit too much IMO with the cardio, unless maybe he's just walking. Should just have a small calorie surplus (which what you should do anyway IMO) or maybe even eat at maintenance until the strength gains plateau and then add cals when necessarily if he's that concerned about fat gain.

Thing is he feels it wouldn’t be too much because there will be three days where he’s still eating in a surplus and he’ll be doing absolutely no workouts,just going to work. So he’ll still get 3500 calories on those other 3 days but no cardio or weights and he thinks that’ll balance out.

His cardio by the way all includes a mixture of basketball games,biking and jumprope and battle ropes

Payroll

Insomnia Addict
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
GMB
3-1 ratio in order to limit the interference effect.

51 minute mark.

Gully Bull

Love Sponge
Daps
Reppin
A fleeting childhood
It’s

NEVER

Enough

full

@All-Black the Necroverse