Is "Blueprint 2" and "Street's Disciple" unfairly judged caused of "LAD" and "AEOM"??

Rapmastermind

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
New York City
The Hip Hop Double Album. In my opinion the hardest type of album to make. Trying to keep someone's attention over two albums is a very diffcult thing to do. So I was talking double albums I'm riding around with a friend and he tells me that he loved "Blueprint 2" and "Street Disciple" and that they were just as good as "LAD" and "AEOM", I was like "Hold on". I went on to tell him that yes I think the albums weren't "THAT" bad but for some reason both albums are never mentioned at the top of NaS nor Jay's catalog.

He then goes on to blame Biggie and Pac for people hating on those albums. He said they are unfairly compared to them instead of people listening to them on their own merits. But "LAD" and "AEOM" are both considered like GOAT albums. So this had me thinking. Is the fact that "AEOM" and "LAD" are so great that NaS and Jay's double albums never stood a chance? Cause I F*cked with both albums heavy in 2003 and 2004. Or did NaS's and Jay's doubles just lacked the magic that Tupac and Biggie's Had?

eyez2.jpg

BAD73011CD-2-Back.jpg

1244367107_allcdcovers_jay_z_the_blueprint_2_the_gift_the_cur.jpg

51qY0fkZyML.jpg

Rapmastermind

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
New York City
nah

theyre fairly judged because they both would have been pretty good single cds, but they filled em with bullshyt to make em a double

There are some people that argue that for "LAD" and "AEOM". To me it's not about the amount of songs. It about how many good to bad songs do you have. It seems Big and Pac had a less amount of Bad songs than NaS and Jay did. Also it was clear that NaS and Jay were kinda following the Blueprint they left behind. It's like they wanted the to do the "Let's try every type of song, every type of beat etc". NaS did his "Cali Love/Going back to Cali" with that "American Way" joint:

Last edited:

the cac mamba

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
honestly, i could cut songs outta all 5 of these cds

and id also put the top 10 or 12 on dip immunity against the top 10 or 12 on LAD and AEOM too. shyt,

im ready
i really mean it
i love you
who am i
real nggs
ground zero
more than music
dips anthem
my love
enuff freestyle

all classic

then bout it, this is what i do, the first, whats really good

L. Deezy

Veteran
Daps
Streets Disciple as a double disc is Nas worse album. Make it a single disc and its top 4 in his catalogue

Last edited:

C-Styles

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
The Windy City
i really think Street's Disciple was very much hated on! that album has a lot of gems in it like "Suicide bounce", "Streets disciple", "a message to the feds", "Just a moment", "Virgo", "Seoku story", "Live now", "war", "No one else in the room", "Thiefs theme", "Reason", "You know my style"

that's like 12 right there, off the top i can think of as being hot on the album, in a few years tho, people are going to think different about this album cuz the beats are starting to go back to that classic ish.

Rapmastermind

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
New York City
Streets Disciple as a double disc is Nas worse album. Make it a single disc and its top in his catalogue

Ah that would be "NaStradamus" as his worst album. But I did just think about it. "Street's Disciple" was following up "God's Son" and "The Lost Tapes" and "Blueprint 2" was following up "Blueprint" and "Dynasty". So not only did "LAD" and "AEOM" shadow might of hurt them but NaS and Jay's previous albums were also superior. This was my sh!t though from both albums:

Wacky D

PROVOCATIVE POSTING
Daps
pac & big dont have the best doubles. but whatever.

the 1st disc of BP2 isnt very good.

street's disciple is just weak. what a boring ass album. i cant believe i went out and bought that.

Farrinto

Who's the best MCs? Biggie, Jay-Z, and Nas
Daps
Reppin
Philly
Possibly, Big and Pac did set the bar pretty high. BP2 really was trash to me though.

Rapmastermind

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
New York City
Possibly, Big and Pac did set the bar pretty high. BP2 really was trash to me though.

Disc 1 Hurt BP2 to me and Disc 2 hurt Street's disciple. I honestly can't stand "Dream", Biggie Juicy's lyrics just sound so awkward though Ye laced the beat. NaS had some real head scratches on "SD".

L. Deezy

Veteran
Daps
Ah that would be "NaStradamus" as his worst album. But I did just think about it. "Street's Disciple" was following up "God's Son" and "The Lost Tapes" and "Blueprint 2" was following up "Blueprint" and "Dynasty". So not only did "LAD" and "AEOM" shadow might of hurt them but NaS and Jay's previous albums were also superior. This was my sh!t though from both albums:

Nastradamus is not Nas worse album.. not in my eyes..

its just folklore that stuck cuz it was based on ILLMatic, IWW and I Am...