Is Enta Da Stage or Dah Shining A Hiphop Classic?

Is Enta Da Stage and Da Shinin Hip Hop Classics?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Guvnor

Da Speculative Spectacle®
Daps
Reppin
BKLYN
I got into an argument with a friend recently on this and imo what makes a classic is it either has to be so great it stands as a trademark of that time period or it has to be very influential. With that said I feel Enta Da Stage is classic for what it meant to east coast hiphop and some will say Dah Shining is one too. Others would say neither of these albums are classics like my friend did and not many know about them but I feel that is not true. The reason for this being is I know people from the south who have heard these albums and loved boot camp click heavy, especially that I gotcha opin remix.

Let's take a moment to remember these albums

Am I bugging or was my homie right on this one? Let me know in the comments below.

Bugsmoran

Double HipHop O.G.
Daps
I really don't see Enta as a classic. Black Moons music didn't get Great until they started dropping them remixes after the Album

On them remixes Buckshot used an entirely different style than he did on the album and that style was ahead of its time. U can hear the indirect influence Buck had on rappers like Dej Loaf and A Boogie

I think Da Shinin is definetley a classic. It was the epitome of grimey Ny Street Rap. Every song on there is dope. They was mixing the Jamaican/ Reggae swag in their style years before Nicki Minaj and Drake

Last edited:

Guvnor

Daps
Reppin
BKLYN
I really don't see Enta as a classic. Black Moons music didn't get Great until they started dropping them remixes after the Album

On them remixes Buckshot used an entirely different style than he did on the album and that style was ahead of its time. U can hear the indirect influence Buck had on rappers like Dej Loaf and A Boogie

I think Da Shinin is definetley a classic. It was the epitome of grimey Ny Street Rap. Every song on there is dope. They was mixing the Jamaican/ Reggae swag in their style years before Nicki Minaj and Drake

The remixes? Only remix that popped was Gotcha Opin remix, what other remix was popping for them? You tripping homie. Enta Da Stage was way better then the remix album.

"enta da stage" is definitely classic. plus the influence is there, and it was the album that kicked off the east coast revival.

I don't remember much from da shinin. have to give it another listen.

You got too, some people say Dah Shinin is better then Enta Da Stage.

I think enta is a high level classic

Some say it's not know enough.
Always liked enta the stage more

I've heard people say the exact opposite of this lol.

Of course both are!!! :dahell:

Not "5 mic" perfect albums, but they are def classics.
Are you from Bk saying this?

Last edited:

Guvnor

Daps
Reppin
BKLYN
Just out of curiosity, any non-new yorkers in the thread.

Non-NY Brehs I wanna hear from you!

Both classics

War Zone > Enta Da Stage though :iseeu:
In what way, I like War Zone and feel it's slept on bit War Zone ain't classic to me and it's not better then Enta Da Stage but I'll listen to both again just to be sure.

I like War Zone, the joint with Heather B and a couple others.