Is Fatherlessness A Black Women's Problem, or A Black Males' Problem?

bcrusaderw

Banned
Supporter
Daps
Clearly everyone is negatively affected by the fatherlessness epidemic among children with black fathers. 67% of black children are born out of wedlock, and the stats for biracial children with black fathers are just as abysmal
gEFud4g.jpg

We've heard it time and time again "black women need to choose better", but we see the same problems of fatherlessness across racial lines. So, are women across ALL racial lines choosing "deadbeats", or is there a more pervasive problem?

Michael9100

The Coli
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
houston
We've heard it time and time again "black women need to choose better"

African American women do need to choose better.... Too many are shallow and date the same circle of guys over and over again.... Just look through here and see the type of men these ladies are attracted too.... its all the same "guy"...

So, are women across ALL racial lines choosing "deadbeats"

Well according to the stats you posted.... yea... they are...

Last edited:

bcrusaderw

Banned
Supporter
Daps
African American women do need to choose better.... Too many are shallow and date the same circle of guys over and over again.... Just look through here and look at the type of men you ladies are attracted too.... its all the same "guy"...

Well according to the stats you posted.... yea... they are...
There's one group common to all of these scenarios.

The Mad Titan

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Both with more responsibility on the woman as she has to carry, and raise the kid alone in the worst case scenario.

Be choose brehettes

Paradise

Too tired to think of something witty to say...
Daps
I think it's a problem with all races not just one in the African American community. We live in a society that has made it acceptable to have pre marital sex and living with your partner before marriage. Playing house is what I like to call it. More women need to say I'm gonna let this man be a father,because sometimes a man wants to step up but the mother doesn't have much faith that he will. Fathers need to step up and take care of their seed. Sending money monthly is not enough. So we all need to do our parts in raising these children so the cycle won't be repeated.

agnosticlady

AL loves da kids : )
Daps
When it comes to the black community black women need to choose better and aim for marriage before having kids. Too many women are entering relationships, getting pregnant, and then "well things just don't work out" so the relationship dissolves and now her child is born out of wedlock. Then they repeat the cycle. Having one child can be considered a mistake, but when it's rampant and you have more kids something is not right. A woman chooses who she allows to get her pregnant. Are there black men that abandon there kids? Yes, but a lot of women are getting pregnant by worthless men. I see it all the time. We clearly see the effects of it.

bcrusaderw

Banned
Supporter
Daps
Yea... a certain type of Black man both African American and non-black women are attracted too.....
So you're saying that ALL of those women are choosing the type of black males that would choose to abandon their parental responsibility? And that there isn't a pervasive problem of child abandonment among black males?

bcrusaderw

Banned
Supporter
Daps
When it comes to the black community black women need to choose better and aim for marriage before having kids. Too many women are entering relationships, getting pregnant, and then "well things just don't work out" so the relationship dissolves and now her child is born out of wedlock. Then they repeat the cycle. Having one child can be considered a mistake, but when it's rampant and you have more kids something is not right. A woman chooses who she allows to get her pregnant. Are there black men that abandon there kids? Yes, but a lot of women are getting pregnant by worthless men. I see it all the time. We clearly see the effects of it.
What is the responsibility of these men. You are of the opinion that women should be led, so how can they be responsible for their choices?

Fun Sized Psycho

Floating on tooth shaped clouds
Supporter
Daps
A black community problem.
/thread.
African American women do need to choose better.... Too many are shallow and date the same circle of guys over and over again.... Just look through here and look at the type of men you ladies are attracted too.... its all the same "guy"...
and what type of men would this be?

agnosticlady

Daps
What is the responsibility of these men. You are of the opinion that women should be led, so how can they be responsible for their choices?

When I said letting a man lead I do not mean a man telling you what your favorite color should be. I am saying that the man is the protector and the provider of the family. It's in a mans innate nature so he has to be leader when it comes to making major decisions involving the family. It also means respecting the mans manhood and not trying to insult him as a man. That's the gist of it.

With that being said I do believe that the man is the head of the household, but YOU as a woman choose who should be the head of the household. No man is going to come into your life and give you a child unless you allow him to (An exception to that is rape). The other day I was at Walmart and decided to get some McDonalds. The cashier was some pregnant young lady. :wtf: I'm sorry, but if you have a man/husband that truly loves and respects you there is no way in hell he is going to allow you to be working at Mcdonalds while pregnant with his baby. She could get hurt, and with all the rude customers she has to deal with that is stress on her and the baby. Whenever I'm on the train or city bus I always see some pregnant lady, or a young lady with a new born baby on the bus. Call me prissy but there is no way I'm riding public transportation while pregnant, or with my baby (especially not a new born baby). I also see young ladies pushing their baby stroller in the hot ass sun walking around.

I come across WAY TOO MANY young ladies allowing worthless men to give them children. Why are people surprised when an obviously worthless man isn't a good father? It's like me expecting someone who isn't fluent in French to be a good French teacher. It's like expecting a construction work to fix my heart after I have a heart attack. There are good black men that black women are passing over for lame worthless men.

bcrusaderw

Banned
Supporter
Daps
When I said letting a man lead I do not mean a man telling you what your favorite color should be. I am saying that the man is the protector and the provider of the family. It's in a mans innate nature so he has to be leader when it comes to making major decisions involving the family. It also means respecting the mans manhood and not trying to insult him as a man. That's the gist of it.

With that being said I do believe that the man is the head of the household, but YOU as a woman choose who should be the head of the household. No man is going to come into your life and give you a child unless you allow him to (An exception to that is rape). The other day I was at Walmart and decided to get some McDonalds. The cashier was some pregnant young lady. :wtf: I'm sorry, but if you have a man/husband that truly loves and respects you there is no way in hell he is going to allow you to be working at Mcdonalds while pregnant with his baby. She could get hurt, and with all the rude customers she has to deal with that is stress on her and the baby. Whenever I'm on the train or city bus I always see some pregnant lady, or a young lady with a new born baby on the bus. Call me prissy but there is no way I'm riding public transportation while pregnant, or with my baby (especially not a new born baby). I also see young ladies pushing their baby stroller in the hot ass sun walking around.

I come across WAY TOO MANY young ladies allowing worthless men to give them children. Why are people surprised when an obviously worthless man isn't a good father? It's like me expecting someone who isn't fluent in French to be a good French teacher. It's like expecting a construction work to fix my heart after I have a heart attack. There are good black men that black women are passing over for lame worthless men.
:dead: You just have a story for everything don't you?

agnosticlady

Daps
:dead: You just have a story for everything don't you?

How is that a false story? I saw a pregnant woman working at Mcdonalds? Uh, yeah.

There are young ladies getting on the bus, and train while pregnant and with a new born? Yup I see it often.

There are young ladies walking around in the hot sun pushing their baby stroller by themselves? Yup