Is going to school for writing and directing even worth it?

DrX

Coming For The Crown (Japanese Dreaming)
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I wanna write screen plays maybe even direct one day. Its been a goal of mine for the last few years. I want to tell dark stories about the black perspective but from a unique angel. I want them unapologetic and non pandering. None of that dear white people. I want my stories to make people think. Also like GET OUT metaphor wrapped a social message meets Quentin Tarantino style dialog but with my own flare. except more bold, more vulgar, more uncut. I want to make shyt that is harsh truthfully and just break things down raw.

I have the thoughts I just don't know how to write on a technician level. I can create everything in my head fine but polishing it is the problem.

I was thinking sometime in the next 5 years when im finally settled I really want to pursue this as my life career. I feel like I should because Im an artist and I know how to create and im unafraid to talk about the things people truly think about underneath the surface.

I wont mind directing indie shyt and throwing it out on the internet for free because idgaf about money for material just bills and funding my passions

just not sure if school is worth it but if they can teach me how to write and direct properly...i dont wanna just wing it which some times can be because it makes things very organic and unique. Like my art, I just do whatever in the moment

But for this I was thinking about really just doing it right. I just need to put a few things in place so I can commit full time...

any of yall went to school for film or writing?

BlackDiBiase

Superstar
Daps
i want a i want a i wanna i wanna, just do something bro !

trying to be the jack of all trades, cant even master filling out an aplication without coli assistance.

no joke, youd be real cool at writing, just dip into your james baldwin, donald goines and let loose. but do something, you are 30 .... it shouldnt be talks about i want to do this and that and future plans, too old to be planning for the distant future when your present is shambles.

please if you want to eat of stories and screen plays dont do the generic i got to get out the hood flick they bringing me under bullshyt. try one without guns that be dope. anyway goodluck you wont do shyt but goodluck :bryan:

Screenwriting/Filmmaking

Last edited:

DrX

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
i want a i want a i wanna i wanna, just do something bro !

trying to be the jack of all trades, cant even master filling out an aplication without coli assistance.

no joke, youd be real cool at writing, just dip into your james baldwin, donald goines and let loose. but do something, you are 30 .... it shouldnt be talks about i want to do this and that and future plans, too old to be planning for the distant future when your present is shambles.

please if you want to eat of stories and screen plays dont do the generic i got to get out the hood flick they bringing me under bullshyt. try one without guns that be dope. anyway goodluck you wont do shyt but goodluck :bryan:

Screenwriting/Filmmaking
who are you what do u do for a living?

where is your art projects, website, store? etc....

boyonamission

Banned
Daps
Only if you're a rich white kid with a safety net. Otherwise, it's not worth it. A portfolio and networking would serve you better.

DrX

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Only if you're a rich white kid with a safety net. Otherwise, it's not worth it. A portfolio and networking would serve you better.
i mean i def not trying to get in the industry...thats not happening...im not even fighting that battle....i just want to know enough to create respectable projects on my own...

DrX

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Ill be at work bright and early... Can you say the same....:patrice:.......:pachaha:
im a big picture thinker so im choosing to work on art

and youll laugh now and when things pop off you'll be all shocked like a dumbass like "i didn't see that coming, how did u do that?" because u never took the risk of doing something that was non traditional u fukking robot

most of yall dont even understand taking risk and gambling because yall so afraid to lose like pussies...so yall take the safe route and just live a life of mediocrity...laugh but my L's is still more interesting than yall wins

NoChillJones

Banned
Daps
im a big picture thinker so im choosing to work on art

and youll laugh now and when things pop off you'll be all shocked like a dumbass like "i didn't see that coming, how did u do that?" because u never took the risk of doing something that was non traditional u fukking robot

most of yall dont even understand taking risk and gambling because yall so afraid to lose like pussies...so yall take the safe route and just live a life of mediocrity...laugh but my L's is still more interesting than yall wins

So no is the answer to that question....nikka just say no...