Is Group Economics Among Black Americans Just A Pipe Dream?

Daps
Sometimes I believe that group economics is just a bunch of hype to give black people hope that one day we'll be able to prosper in the U.S. But I think that deep down a lot of us know that it'll never become a reality.

bigDeeOT

Banned
Daps
Why won't it become a reality? What's stopping us?

I'm gonna go ahead and say I think we may be predisposed to be uncivilized. There aren't too many examples of predominately black cities in the world in which we can hold a candle to and say look, this is how black people are supposed to live. I don't know if any such examples exist.

#1 pick

The Smart Negroes
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Lamb of God
We have did it multiple times but with the c00ns and sellouts in today's society and I am talking about guys like Morgan Freeman/Marlon Wayans, not even guys like Jessie Lee Peterson and Larry Elder who most Blacks hate are killing this society.

philmonroe

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
The 215
Sometimes I believe that group economics is just a bunch of hype to give black people hope that one day we'll be able to prosper in the U.S. But I think that deep down a lot of us know that it'll never become a reality.
Blacks and any group can prosper but you have to be about your paper and then making wise decisions with said paper you get. Things like oow kids, waiting for the few blacks that get money to help all when most aren't doing shyt but whining, and other non productive stuff hold us back. In this day and age maybe everybody can't ball but with the lack of people really trying to do big shyt its out here for us all but are people willing to make them sacrifices? In most cases the answer is NO. They rather be distracted by other bullshyt that don't make no sense.

Big Boss

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
We have did it multiple times but with the c00ns and sellouts in today's society and I am talking about guys like Morgan Freeman/Marlon Wayans, not even guys like Jessie Lee Peterson and Larry Elder who most Blacks hate are killing this society.

what he say?

Daps
Blacks and any group can prosper but you have to be about your paper and then making wise decisions with said paper you get. Things like oow kids, waiting for the few blacks that get money to help all when most aren't doing shyt but whining, and other non productive stuff hold us back. In this day and age maybe everybody can't ball but with the lack of people really trying to do big shyt its out here for us all but are people willing to make them sacrifices? In most cases the answer is NO. They rather be distracted by other bullshyt that don't make no sense.

I'm not asking how it can happen. I'm asking will it happen. But I believe the answer to both of those questions is no. Look at what happened the last time we tried.

Last edited:

Hawaiian Punch

umop-apisdn
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The I in Team
I'm glad you state in your thread title group economics among black Americans, instead of black people. Because I see this occurring with African and Afro carribean areas. Things like Susu and partners are unheard of outside of these groups. It works and it's micro financing at its finest.

Why won't it become a reality? What's stopping us?

I'm gonna go ahead and say I think we may be predisposed to be uncivilized. There aren't too many examples of predominately black cities in the world in which we can hold a candle to and say look, this is how black people are supposed to live. I don't know if any such examples exist.

In the US I could point to Atlanta and Maryland as examples. Internationally there is countless places in Africa. Just because the commercials here show kids with flies around their face does not mean the entire place is like that.

Edit:
the more I read into what you say the more it disgusts me. You think the world just ended up the way it is? There are countless events we can draw a timeline through that shows you how black people ended up this way. Notice I did not say 'we' because I question if you are indeed black.

alpo

Dade County carol city
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Carol city
Our shyt got destroyed. That's what happened. Does Greenwood, Tulsa, Oklahoma ring a bell? It happened before & it can happen again.
I was being sarcastic and what make y'all think they won't do it again? Specially when talking about protection is a freaking taboo in the black community

Daps
I'm glad you state in your thread title group economics among black Americans, instead of black people. Because I see this occurring with African and Afro carribean areas. Things like Susu and partners are unheard of outside of these groups. It works and it's micro financing at its finest.

In the US I could point to Atlanta and Maryland as examples. Internationally there is countless places in Africa. Just because the commercials here show kids with flies around their face does not mean the entire place is like that.

I put "Black Americans" to be specific about which group of blacks I was referring to. I'm pretty sure that folks in Africa support black businesses in their own neighborhoods.