Is It c00nish To Say You've "Grown Out Of" Rap Music?

is it c00nish to say you've grown out of rap music?

• yes, straight c00n status

Votes: 7 15.2%
  • no, that's dumb

Votes: 11 23.9%
  • no, being forced to like rap just because you're black is c00nish

Votes: 28 60.9%

• Total voters

DrHackenbush

Happy wars/sad love songs
Daps
There's still good new hip hop if you look for it..its more the music of this generation in general that's trash though, all these genres have just blended together and left music soulless. I listen mostly to old soul stuff now though, you appreciate the honesty of it the older you get

filial_piety

Banned
Daps
Reppin
I95S
It's hard for cats like me to listen to it seriously after being there to buy albums in the early 90s.

1996 was the last good year for alot of albums to come out. 2001 had some classics too. After that you're lucky to get more than 3 quality albums a year, if even 1.

MikelArteta

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Top 4
Your best bet in life is to not follow any rules, be your own boss. If people hate thats bcus of their own insecurities that they need to deal with

Im sick of rappers promoting drugs that will lead to heart failures and early deaths. Ive seen the way the music talks to these kids basically, its sad

Im done with new music. I decided a month ago to keep it old school for the most part. Rap was much less negative in the golden era and prior to that

a typical rap artist instagram depreciative leased car, wads of cash, smoking a spliff, showing a gun, showing a gucci bag or rolex watch

Heafcliffe

Hope there's puddin' in the clink...
Daps
Reppin
Districto de Columbia
Funny cuz I was talking a few of my boys and they rattled on and on about checking for this and that new artist. Personally, I don't check for these new nikkas. Some (not all) of the beats are :ehh: but I find myself listening to 2010 back. Mixing in my jazz, chill/ down-tempo and underground hip hop.

Simply "....if I don't like it, I don't like it. Doesn't mean that I'm hating......"