Is it safe to say Chris Paul wasted his prime years on the Clippers?

spencerforhire

All Star
Daps

2 straight clutch jumpers & then tells Harden "I gotchu". :wow:

Blake watching this at home like

Blake-Griffin.png

surv2syn

The Culture
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
just responding to the title, no, it wasnt a waste. the timing is right for him and Harden now. where would he have been if not the Clippers? Lakers got vetoed and they wouldnt have done anything anyway. Clips didnt win but OKC and Memphis were tough during those years and then when GS rose to prominence its been them ever since.

Mantis Toboggan M.D.

Drink wolf cola
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn
just responding to the title, no, it wasnt a waste. the timing is right for him and Harden now. where would he have been if not the Clippers? Lakers got vetoed and they wouldnt have done anything anyway. Clips didnt win but OKC and Memphis were tough during those years and then when GS rose to prominence its been them ever since.
That’s pretty much it. Some guys just aren’t fortunate enough to get to spend their peak years competing on a championship caliber organization. :aicmon:, Barkley in Philadelphia, Patrick with the Knicks, Dwight didn’t really have much in Orlando to work with, John Wall, and of course :sadtmac:

Daps
Please don't give me that bench bullshyt...

People were losing their minds when the rotation was Bledsoe, LO, Jamal, Barnes & Hollins..At one point they were considered the best bench in the league

It was The Clipper Bench that got them back in the game against OKC (particularly Darren Collison) to tie that series 2-2 at home before CP3 went on the road and had the worst game of his career

When the Spurs were supposed to trounce the Clips it was Austin Rivers coming up big in road games & Big Baby playing critical Don an unconscious Timmy D...It was Austin who put 28 at home putting the Clips in position to get a 3-1 lead against the Rockets...stop the lies

The Clips just dropped the ball everytime...

Last edited:

who_better_than_me

Time to go!!
Daps
Reppin
NULL
That’s pretty much it. Some guys just aren’t fortunate enough to get to spend their peak years competing on a championship caliber organization. :aicmon:, Barkley in Philadelphia, Patrick with the Knicks, Dwight didn’t really have much in Orlando to work with, John Wall, and of course :sadtmac:
Don't you throw TMac in that conversation. Tmac should've won one of those Utah series and Dallas series. And he walked out on the Artest and Yao squad to get his body ready for a contract year the next season.

Stop. Making ducking excuses for TMac. He was just a loser. I used to defend this nigguh against Kobe stans and now I look back at the mistake of my sins...

Mantis Toboggan M.D.

Drink wolf cola
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn
Don't you throw TMac in that conversation. Tmac should've won one of those Utah series and Dallas series. And he walked out on the Artest and Yao squad to get his body ready for a contract year the next season.

Stop. Making ducking excuses for TMac. He was just a loser. I used to defend this nigguh against Kobe stans and now I look back at the mistake of my sins...
No team he played on was a championship contender. His entire time in Orlando was one cruel joke being played on him between injuries to hill and Duncan not joining the team. In Houston they had maybe a shot in 2008, but Yao broke his foot. Walked out? You’re referring to 2009? He had micro fracture surgery on his knee. If he needed a procedure that big, he wasn’t going to hold up during the season, and Yao broke his foot again that year anyway.

who_better_than_me

Time to go!!
Daps
Reppin
NULL
No team he played on was a championship contender. His entire time in Orlando was one cruel joke being played on him between injuries to hill and Duncan not joining the team. In Houston they had maybe a shot in 2008, but Yao broke his foot. Walked out? You’re referring to 2009? He had micro fracture surgery on his knee. If he needed a procedure that big, he wasn’t going to hold up during the season, and Yao broke his foot again that year anyway.
The teams he lost to in the playoffs weren't championship contenders either.

He didn't need the surgury. The doctors he went to said he could play on. It would be some irritation but he could play and prolly even wouldn't require surgury. He left because he said he had a contract. Adelman and him had beef over it because of his decision. Stop defending TMac. That same year he when they asked him about the rockets and lakers series, he said the lakers should win that series. What kind of superstar predicts his own team to lose a playoff series. And this was before Yao got injured.

L. Deezy

Veteran
Daps
why is it that people bring this up, but they never bring up how the NBA had just given the lakers a pass for that ridiculous pau gasol trade a few years earlier?

and they got 2 rings out of it.

It wasnt so much the NBA.. it was one crying ass owner and The NBA caved... so yeah, I bring it up..

But at the end, he chose to stay with the Clippers after that

Poohdini

Rwanda Patriots Center #11
Daps
Reppin
definitely did, bunch of injury prone fkkits on that squad

now he on a real franchise first year 14-0 :mjcry:

let the coli tell it hes a washed up bum who dribbles the air out of the ball and plays no D

he still in his prime faggits and once he wins a ring this yer we got bron comin thru and he gonna catch up to rodman like he said he would:wow:

Homeboy Runny-Ray

From Around The Way
Daps
Reppin
Classic Niccas
Doc Rivers is gassed up too much. He ain't all that. Remove Doc and put in Pop then we have a dynasty :hubie:

ehh

the Celtics had a 3-peat on their hands, if they could've stayed healthy in the spring.

It wasnt so much the NBA.. it was one crying ass owner and The NBA caved... so yeah, I bring it up..

But at the end, he chose to stay with the Clippers after that

enough was enough breh.

bout time somebody spoke up.