Is JAY Z the reason BASQUIAT is blowing up in the mainstream??

Rarely-Wrong Liggins

Name another Liggins hot I'm just honest.
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Staff
Been knowing about this dude for a decade at least. It's one thing to appreciate art and another to whore it out. Guess where Jay falls? Would he be shouting out Basquiat if you could buy them for $20 at some cheap furniture outlet? Jay fancies himself a tastemaker but he's just following the trends crusty euros and rich hippies laid out for him when they decided Basquiat was THAT guy. I'm sure there's other art to appreciate that's just as good by lesser known talent but then Jay can't use it in a luxury rap so why bother? Jay rapping about letting his daughter fukk up expensive art work lets you know there's no true appreciation, just bragging rights.

All Star
Daps
Hov's been talking about Basquiat.

[ame]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mE7HuHB5V0M[/ame]

Daps
Im tired of hearing about the nikka to be honest

Jigga need to fukk wit Bob Ross da Boss

Spittin that Crack>>>Dying from Heroine

bob-ross.jpg

Bob Ross Remixed | Happy Little Clouds | PBS Digital Studios - YouTube

Bob made masterpieces in 30 minutes or less on a daily basis :wow:

Then he straight trolled speaking to us like we were able to follow along at home :bryan:

Hiphoplives4eva

Solid Gold Dashikis
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
black love, unity, and music
lets be honest...the streets werent checkin for basquiat until swizz and jay started promoting him...now this nikka gettin multi-millions off of a stick figure paintings like this??

051116_Basquiat_Trumpet_1984.jpg

all his paintings look like this :lolbron:

:stopitslime: he even has a sneaker/clothing deal with reebok...does he just paint?? or is he signed to roc nation or swizz or somethinl ??

What's the story? When did he get hot? Nikka ain't tryna google

You fukking idiot Basquiat is dead. For all those out their who are getting ready to blindly dikk ride the latest Jay Z mention at least get your facts ready.

There is a cool documentary on Netflix about this guy by the way. I personally think his art is overrated, but his story is pretty dope.

smokeurobinson

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Saying Jay Z helped blow up Basquit is like saying Charles Ramsey blew up Mcdonalds

NvrCMyNut

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NULL
:ehh: looking at some of these links i think his work is crackhead scribble scrabble but i won't pretend to know anything abot art

Mikael Blowpiff

#LosIngobernabrehs
Daps
Been knowing about this dude for a decade at least. It's one thing to appreciate art and another to whore it out. Guess where Jay falls? Would he be shouting out Basquiat if you could buy them for $20 at some cheap furniture outlet? Jay fancies himself a tastemaker but he's just following the trends crusty euros and rich hippies laid out for him when they decided Basquiat was THAT guy. I'm sure there's other art to appreciate that's just as good by lesser known talent but then Jay can't use it in a luxury rap so why bother? Jay rapping about letting his daughter fukk up expensive art work lets you know there's no true appreciation, just bragging rights.
Jay-Zed just sounds like some tacky Russian guy now. Like the same type of tacky Russian guy that actually owns the Nets.