Is Jigsaw an iconic horror movie villain?

Is he a great?

• Total voters

Brer Dog

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Why wouldn’t it be considered a horror franchise?

It could easily be placed in the psychological/crime thriller genre. Outside of Amanda's kidnapping scenes, I never really found them scary or watched them for that reason.

I was even getting strong S7ven vibes when I went to see the first film

:patrice:

CourtesyFlush

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
It could easily be placed in the psychological/crime thriller genre. Outside of Amanda's kidnapping scenes, I never really found them scary or watched them for that reason.

I feel you, IMO horror is a very wide ranging genre. shyt I consider the first Terminator to be horror

kdslittlebro

Veteran
Supporter
Daps

That’s definitely true, but I don’t see why it couldn’t be seen as both. I remember the first one still being marketed as horror even tho it also has major thriller themes. And they still had plenty of horror scenes with the kidnappings and trap scenes. But I feel like that line between thriller and horror can be one of the thinnest/blurriest in cinema.

MenacingMonk

Tranquilo
Daps
Reppin
West where the Sunsets

Saw is a horror franchise. They show a lot of gore and blood for it to not to be in specifically the thriller genre.

And yes, Jigsaw is an iconic character. At least his doll is, but it represents him.

kdslittlebro

Veteran
Supporter
Daps

Thrillers don’t get me shook like this one :russ:

Also, just like so many icons, many tried to take the mantle :wow:

Human Torch

Byrd Gang 🦅
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Philly born. PG raised
First move a classic but the quality dipped from there. I’m gonna say no to jigsaw himself because HE isn’t iconic but his traps were.

Jason :huhldup:
Mike :to:
Freddy :sadbron:
Old ass cac accountant with Stage 4 cancer :flabbynsick:

kdslittlebro

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
First move a classic but the quality dipped from there. I’m gonna say no to jigsaw himself because HE isn’t iconic but his traps were.

Jason :huhldup:
Mike :to:
Freddy :sadbron:
Old ass cac accountant with Stage 4 cancer :flabbynsick:

If we go that route I would say his mind is the iconic villain then. His mind created the traps and laid all the pieces out that led to the fukkery as the sequels kept going :pachaha:

I’m more scared of what I would have to do to myself than anything Jason and them nikkas could do, because if I got caught I got no choice in the matter anyway. Outside of Freddy :whoa:

Human Torch

Byrd Gang 🦅
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Philly born. PG raised
If we go that route I would say his mind is the iconic villain then. His mind created the traps and laid all the pieces out that led to the fukkery as the sequels kept going :pachaha:

I’m more scared of what I would have to do to myself than anything Jason and them nikkas could do, because if I got caught I got no choice in the matter anyway. Outside of Freddy :whoa:

nah I can fukk with that.