Is Lex Luthor Black?

Mr.Black

An Honest Man
Daps
Me and a co worker was having this discussion and I said luthor was black, everytime he's portrayed on tv except for that smallville bullshyt, he looks and sound like a nikka:
Lex_Luthor_(Justice_League_Unlimited).jpg

satam55

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
DFW Metroplex
No, but I grew up as a kid in the late 90's thinking that the Lex Luthor on "Superman: the Animated Series" was black. I rewatched "Superman: the Animated Series" & watched Justice League/Justice League Unlimited for the 1st time in late '08/early '09 at 20 years old, still thinking he was black. It wasn't till I watched some other DC comics TV shows/movies that wasn't DCAU/Timmverse ("Smallville", Superman: Doomsday, wack-ass 1978 Superman movie, & "Superman Returns") that I realized that Lex Luthor isn't black & is supposed to be white.

And yes, It's not just the fact that the Lex Luthor looked like a light-skinned brother in the DCAU/Timmverse, his voice actor (Clancy Brown) made him sound like a professional, corporate black man. (Click on the link to compare Lex Luthor voice actors: http://www.behindthevoiceactors.com/voice-compare/Superman/Lex-Luthor/) If you looks at the end credits, his voice actor also had a black name (Clancy Brown). So, a lot folks would just assume the Lex Luthor was black.

02.jpg

AllHolosEve

Her Name Is Mistress Death
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
SouthSide, MPLS
dont be fooled... Lex is white breh... you want a black genius, billionaire theres a panther right over there....

Daps
Reppin
NULL
the first time I was exposed to Luthor was Superman TAS on WB and I thought he was black :yeshrug:

he looked like a black man, sounded like a black man, and had a PAWG by his side at all times.

Ed MOTHEREFFING G

Chances make champions
Daps
Reppin
206 x 734
:snoop:

no.

in the animated DC U, he has olive skin and looks and sounds just like TELLY SAVALAS who has dark skin for a white man too.

Clark Wayne

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
FL
No but a lot of people assumed he was based off of the animated series.

Daps
Reppin
NULL
:snoop:

no.

in the animated DC U, he has olive skin and looks and sounds just like TELLY SAVALAS who has dark skin for a white man too.

nikka no one knows who the fukk telly savalas is.....and even if Lex was based on this cac......then that cac looks black

I don't know why you always come in here with this bullshyt acting like its impossible for someone to think Lex was black. We are all not comic books nerds. Most of us that grew up in the late 90s only know the Superman universe based on the cartoon and there is no denying that in the cartoons, Lex looked like your typical light skin bald headed nikka.

LexLuthor_DCAU_001.jpg
this looks like a black man....no other way to spin it

Ed MOTHEREFFING G

Chances make champions
Daps
Reppin
206 x 734
nikka no one knows who the fukk telly savalas is.....and even if Lex was based on this cac......then that cac looks black

I don't know why you always come in here with this bullshyt acting like its impossible for someone to think Lex was black.
The question isn't whether you THOUGHT he was black, it was whether he WAS black. And if you don't know who Kojack is thats on you.

dabestkeptsecret

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
jerz
i def thought lex was light skinned black or at leased mixed. At the end of the day his race didnt make any difference to the story line. Hopefully race doesnt play a part in the movie, for who they cast. As long as they get the best actor, who can give the character the depth that was seen in the cartoon i'm good.

Hovsta

Pokemon Gang
Daps
I thought Him and Harvey Dent when on the Batman cartoon were just light skin black guys
Hel even browner people like lucuis fox and static shock had less negro features than Lex

Daps
Reppin
NULL
I thought Him and Harvey Dent when on the Batman cartoon were just light skin black guys
Hel even browner people like lucuis fox and static shock had less negro features than Lex

yea I also thought Harvey Dent was black......I was like :dahell: when they had that white dude play him in The Dark Knight