Is Rap Distancing Itself from the People as it Grows more Sophisticated?

Creasy

Pro
Daps
Before anybody comes in this thread talking about "Purple dread rappers n lean rappers being sophisticated
3w2MWDX.png
" - I'm not talking about that niche, I'm talking about certain pieces such as Kendrick's TPAB, where he lets the project's idea and structure get lead by a poem to paint a picture settled in a grander scheme. Or talking about Lupe Fiasco's Tetsuo & Youth, where the concept is built, subtly narrowing the birth and life of a hood citizen while laying another subtle religious layer above it. Or Childish Gambino's Because the Internet, detailing the story of "The Boy" in a cinematic manner, even having had a full on script which sadly never capitalized onto a finished product. Vince Staples' last album making use of a metaphor to vent over his journey in black success/fame and so on and so forth.

Now I'm asking this question because up until this point, Rap has seemed like an art form that wasn't fully regarded n respected as such, and rather seen as just music from the people for the people. For people that work 9-5s and don't have the time or energy to delve into deep concepts and challenge themselves when listening to music. For people who have never reached great academical success, never aspired to and developed a sort of distaste towards structure. People that are satisfied with a dope punchline about their favorite sports stars as good writing skills. People that don't ask for complexity in content they're supposed to relate to.

If that portion of rap moves in a direction where it's high quality art, the way artists have already proved it can well be and work, will people identify with it like they used to? Will they be able to adapt and regard pieces as high quality art? Or will they not change their ways and enjoy the most intricate albums only on the surface level?

notPsychosiz

I started this gangsta sh-
Daps
Reppin
dogbornwolf
When you say sophisticated, what do you mean?

a : highly complicated or developed : complex sophisticated electronic devices

b : having a refined knowledge of the ways of the world cultivated especially through wide experience a sophisticated lady

Momentum

Banned
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Nope. The majority of rap music is still on a 4th grade reading level #DATWAY