Is Roddy Ricch's snub at the Grammy's one of the biggest in recent history?

Rell Lauren

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NYC
FTR, I'm not a fan of Ricch, but no one can deny how big of a hit "The Box" was. It was not only the #1 rap song in the country, it was one of the longest chart topping songs period. How did this lose to "Savage"? Was it because the Grammy's needed a narrative? You can't even say that "Savage" was big on Tik Tok, because Ricch's song took off due in part to Tik Tok. This is treading into Macklemore territory.

dora_da_destroyer

Master Baker
Daps
Reppin
Oakland
It wasn't bigger than "The Box". The song had Justin Bieber and Selena Gomez trying to find ways to knock it off the #1 spot.
I’m not looking up numbers on this, like Piff said, they were both hits. Doesn’t have to be the biggest to win. Meg has been more of a force in pop culture than Roddy - he doesn’t do all the interviews, have all the endorsements, etc the Meg is into. shyt like that comes into play as well

Rell Lauren

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NYC
I’m not looking up numbers on this, like Piff said, they were both hits. Doesn’t have to be the biggest to win. Meg has been more of a force in pop culture than Roddy - he doesn’t do all the interviews, have all the endorsements, etc the Meg is into. shyt like that comes into play as well

So it was the Roc Nation stimulus package.

dakidbanks

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
The Bigger Picture and The Box should have Grammy’s

The Meg clit licking is outta control
I would’ve personally picked 1 of those as well but it’s not like Savage wasn’t a hit as well and the version nominated was the 1 with Beyonce

The moment Beyonce was physically present it was obvious who was takin that award home

ISO

Pass me the rock nikka
Daps
Reppin
BX, NYC
I would’ve personally picked 1 of those as well but it’s not like Savage wasn’t a hit as well and the version nominated was the 1 with Beyonce

The moment Beyonce was physically present it was obvious who was takin that award home
I’m ok with The Box losing but I think Baby should have won that for making a banger with substance in a year like the one we had.

Savage would have never took off without that teen girl on TikTok making that dance. Meg was in trouble and in the midst of a contractual mess. Then Beyoncé blessed her even further.

dora_da_destroyer

Master Baker
Daps
Reppin
Oakland
I’m ok with The Box losing but I think Baby should have won that for making a banger with substance in a year like the one we had.

Savage would have never took off without that teen girl on TikTok making that dance. Meg was in trouble and in the midst of a contractual mess. Then Beyoncé blessed her even further.
And none of the matters, the song became a hit. Just like Drake’s In My Feelings will be remembered as a hit even tho some dude on social media launched it. If the song performs, it can rack up awards

ISO

Pass me the rock nikka
Daps
Reppin
BX, NYC
And none of the matters, the song became a hit. Just like Drake’s In My Feelings will be remembered as a hit even tho some dude on social media launched it. If the song performs, it can rack up awards
In My Feelings was gonna be outta here regardless of Shiggy I feel :manny:

I hear u tho it is what it is