Is the bully battle rapper dead in battle rap?

cornercommission2k12

so this were u dudes went
Daps
Reppin
300 murders a year
When url 1st started it seemed to be a place for them.

Now it seems the fan base has turned on it, or the intimidation factor no longer resonates well with the viewer and listener.

Suge might be the exception, but many factors add to why he is now watched. Lyrically he has stepped it up a lot (even though I still think he weak ) but I would be lying if I can't clearly see a improvement lyrically from the suge who battled miles and calicoe to the guy who battles now.

But now let's examine the other known bully rappers and how the fans have turned interest

Math, people used to cheer his dose references but now mentioning that and math trying to bully is cringe worthy. He has had to abandon that style somewhat all together

Same thing for head ice.

Listening to swave, many speak as if swave fell off lyrically. I contest that swave is still the same swave he was, just the interest of the listener has changed. Swave trying to impose intimidation just doesn't move anyone anymore.

With a guy like bigg k, let's be real, he gets by cause he a white boy coming with the bully factor doing it in leagues dominated by white viewers who get a kick watching the white guy scream on a black battle rapper. It's why they love dizaster and pat stay so much. But on URL I doubt either of them doing well in that audience.

I think tink da demon, t top, are what the fans want of the battle rapper who kinda bullies, supreme lyricism with a intimidating factor. Can't just talk that shyt for 3 rds and get by like you could a few years back.

MJ Truth

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Damn near everybody you listed has been battling for a decade plus though, and it's inevitable that people are going to turn on them somewhat.

Guys who do bully rap are still popular and can be successful, in my opinion, it's just not that many new guys who are doing straight bully rap. The next time Calicoe steps on the stage he's going to be celebrated again. The white "bullies" are still popular on their brand, even AFTER they get exposed. When Hoffa gets back on that URL stage this weekend he's going to be celebrated. Head Ice is probably the most beloved rapper on the KOTD platform even though I personally don't like him.

notPsychosiz

I started this gangsta sh-
Daps
Reppin
dogbornwolf
Math aint a bully as far as rap style goes, he's just a dude that won't tolerate disrespect IRL.
If he never had the fights he wouldn't be in the conversation cause he doesn't rap like a bully, he is more diverse than that.

People that are legit bullies IMO stylistically are always Suge, Arsonal, Big K... and QB as far as chicks go... and then sometimes Swave and Head ICE... but they come with different angles occassionally so they aren't just typecast as bullies.

But Suge, Ars, QB and Bigg K simply cannot go a round without being in another person's space talking shyt about their dead homies and relatives like "what you gonna do about it?"

Actuallu, Brizz Rawstein is probably a bully too... he is just so good lyrically that I don't consider him.:jbhmm:

Anerdyblackguy

Gotta learn how to kill a nikka from the inside
Supporter
Daps
I think Chess has some bully in him as well. I think he could be the mantle for the bully rappers.

NV-ME

Make It Hot-ta
Daps
Reppin
FiyaStarter
daylyt was sort of a bully rapper, bumping dudes during battles, before he turned full cartoon character.

that shyt has expired though. its too much money and so few venues that can hold the crowds. that bully shyt is a ticking timebomb, for violence. even if you dont really want it, nowadays you know if you get chumped on camera its going to follow you around for the rest of your career. them dudes are risks

Deoji

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Zone 6 via PG County
never looked at Rosenberg as a bully rapper. It's in his content but I don't get that vibe from him and i don't recall seeing him bully a rapper on stage....

:patrice:

aggression and gun talk will never play out. bars gotta be there tho.

T-K-G

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
LWO/Starkset
Tink and T Top aint bully rappers they just fat

I cant agree with people only fukkin wit Bigg K cuz he's white either, dude can rap n talk that shyt

If a nikka raps the same exact way with bars just as good or better than K and doesnt get love then I'll agree.

I dont think bully rap is dead i just think the bully style dudes that are here have been around for so long and never updated their punches/haymakers

If Swave focused like Suge did he could easily jump back to the big stage

GOAT

The bubble was fraudulent
Daps
Reppin
NULL
:mjlol: Rosenberg aint no bully rapper. nikka looks like a middle school bully. Looked soft as fukk next to nikkas like Qleen and Bigg K.