Is the walk to Arlong Park (One Piece) the GOAT "pull up" scene in anime history?

Daps
Reppin
NULL
I remember being underwhelmed with those first few volumes/episodes of One Piece. It was decent, but nothing special. All of that changed with the Arlong Park storyline.

Watching Luffy and crew pull up on Arlong's block was one of the illest moments in anime for me. That's when the series went from :ehh: to :gladbron:, and it only got better from there.

When they declared war on the World Government:salute:

The Strawhats will bang on anybody :banderas:

Hyperion

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
The Land of The North
I remember being underwhelmed with those first few volumes/episodes of One Piece. It was decent, but nothing special. All of that changed with the Arlong Park storyline.

Watching Luffy and crew pull up on Arlong's block was one of the illest moments in anime for me. That's when the series went from :ehh: to :gladbron:, and it only got better from there.

When they declared war on the World Government:salute:

The Strawhats will bang on anybody :banderas:

Yup. This was that scene where if you weren't too sure about One Piece by this point, this was the moment where that changed. It was made abundantly clear that Luffy played no games when it came to his friends. You knew it was about to be a wrap for Arlong.

The World Government scene with Sogeking burning the flag is top-tier, because that was when the Marines went from "You again?? :stopitslime::francis:" to "Capture those Strawhats dead or alive :demonic:"

In fact, Water7/Enies Lobby might be one of the best One Piece arcs to date, and what made One Piece as a series become even crazier. So much was going on, everyone got power ups, and who can forget, my personal favorite... the Great Sogeking Theme Song. :heh:

Lock... ON!!! :damn::damn::damn::damn:

ben anderson

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
MD
I’m glad I just started reading one piece 2 years ago. Everything pre marine ford is fukking garbage:scust:. No wonder I never fukked with it as a kid. Glad all the shyt arcs are done:blessed:

Daps
Reppin
NULL
Yup. This was that scene where if you weren't too sure about One Piece by this point, this was the moment where that changed. It was made abundantly clear that Luffy played no games when it came to his friends. You knew it was about to be a wrap for Arlong.

The World Government scene with Sogeking burning the flag is top-tier, because that was when the Marines went from "You again?? :stopitslime::francis:" to "Capture those Strawhats dead or alive :demonic:"

In fact, Water7/Enies Lobby might be one of the best One Piece arcs to date, and what made One Piece as a series become even crazier. So much was going on, everyone got power ups, and who can forget, my personal favorite... the Great Sogeking Theme Song. :heh:

Lock... ON!!! :damn::damn::damn::damn:

:myman:Sogeking was that dude! Top 5 alter-ego in history.
Enies Lobby/Water 7 is still a top 5 arc in One Piece history, maybe top 3. (Alabasta, Marineford, Whole Cake Island, and maybe Dressrosa would fill in the other spots. Sky Island was also underrated IMO, and Wano's about to be lit)

Oh yeah, where was I? :jbhmm:

That's right...

Like I said, the Strawhats will bang on ANYBODY :ohlawd:

Hyperion

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
The Land of The North
:myman:Sogeking was that dude! Top 5 alter-ego in history.
Enies Lobby/Water 7 is still a top 5 arc in One Piece history, maybe top 3. (Alabasta, Marineford, Whole Cake Island, and maybe Dressrosa would fill in the other spots. Sky Island was also underrated IMO, and Wano's about to be lit)

Oh yeah, where was I? :jbhmm:

That's right...

Like I said, the Strawhats will bang on ANYBODY :ohlawd:

Skypiea gets slept on something serious. :heh: But I think that's because it's between really two good arcs, and Enel wasn't a super memorable villain compared to Crocodile and Arlong.

Lucci was that dude back then though, he had that complete unfukkwittable air to him, same with Kaku (except Kaku was more likable). Blueno was dope too, till he became the test dummy for Gear Second, after that, it was a wrap. :heh:

Definitely one of the most :lupe: moments was when Chopper first turned into his Monster Form. That was straight :merchant: status. Also when Luffy was pretty much dead on his feet and still hit Lucci with the Jet Gatling Gun. But also, Franky pulling the W in his fight, that one felt good. :win:

That Water 7/Enies Lobby arc turned those Strawhats into legends. :wow:

Blackout

just your usual nerdy brotha
Daps
I got interested in One Piece when I saw a random video of the fight between Luffy and Usopp.

I knew it was worth it when that all out brawl between the Pirates and the world government happened and Shanks came and laid down the law. :wow:

Last edited:

MischievousMonkey

Gor bu dëgër
Daps
Never could go that far, One Piece bored me too much.

BUT

In terms of pulling up DBZ is undefeated, no nostalgia.

Ain't nothing like Goku pulling up at the last second to body someone. Breh mastered the art of a classic entrance and did that shyt multiple times.

Goku is that breh. When everybody got their shyt wrecked by the ops and were on the ground bleeding to death with all their bones crushed, these mf still had a smile on their face like :youngsabo:

And the villains were like wtf you smiling for?:gucci:

And brehs responded like: Goku is coming... And he's gonna body all of yall :lolbron:

Got the villains ready to kill them like :hhh:

And Goku arriving at the last minute with the :demonic: face. Ignoring the opps and giving all kinds of beans to his friends, catching up like "u good? Them mf did that to you? :usure:" and the opps watching like :childplease: who is you? What you're gonna do about it?

Classic entrance after classic entrance. Came back on Earth after training, all his friends deads, 3 survivors -> body Nappa with ease. :wow:

Arrives to Namek after 20G training, bodies 3 members of the Commando Ginyu. They can't even touch him. :wow: Barta and Jeece watching each other after Reckon got murdered :merchant: "breh... I can't even touch him he's too fast tf?"

Arrives to fight Freezer while Vegeta breathing his last on the ground, even shocks Freezer and got everybody believing he already reached Super Sayian. :wow:

-deleted-

Banned
Daps
Never could go that far, One Piece bored me too much.

BUT

In terms of pulling up DBZ is undefeated, no nostalgia.

Ain't nothing like Goku pulling up at the last second to body someone. Breh mastered the art of a classic entrance and did that shyt multiple times.

Goku is that breh. When everybody got their shyt wrecked by the ops and were on the ground bleeding to death with all their bones crushed, these mf still had a smile on their face like :youngsabo:

And the villains were like wtf you smiling for?:gucci:

And brehs responded like: Goku is coming... And he's gonna body all of yall :lolbron:

Got the villains ready to kill them like :hhh:

And Goku arriving at the last minute with the :demonic: face. Ignoring the opps and giving all kinds of beans to his friends, catching up like "u good? Them mf did that to you? :usure:" and the opps watching like :childplease: who is you? What you're gonna do about it?

Classic entrance after classic entrance. Came back on Earth after training, all his friends deads, 3 survivors -> body Nappa with ease. :wow:

Arrives to Namek after 20G training, bodies 3 members of the Commando Ginyu. They can't even touch him. :wow: Barta and Jeece watching each other after Reckon got murdered :merchant: "breh... I can't even touch him he's too fast tf?"

Arrives to fight Freezer while Vegeta breathing his last on the ground, even shocks Freezer and got everybody believing he already reached Super Sayian. :wow:

This is the most hood yet accurate description of Dragon Ball Z I have ever seen

Doctor Doom

Rest in peace, Akira Toriyama
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Latveria
giphy.gif

Gon pulled up wanting ALL THE SMOKE. He didn't think for once he was gonna lose that fight, he knew he was gonna kill that bytch from the rip. shyt wasn't bravado, it was fact. :wow: