Is there a website where I can download obscure samples?

mortuus est

Veteran
Daps
I don't even have a record player g :yeshrug:
hqdefault.jpg

DJ Mart-Kos

All Star
Daps
I hardly ever use drumbreaks.
It's so damn much time consuming to edit and process it with effects and usually the downloaded kits that actually sound good knock harder than them breaks.

Daps
Reppin
H Λ W Λ I ' I
You could do two things, (which I've done and had success) go on sites that sell records, (mainly cats who know about *breaks/cuts/gems) and shoot them an e-mail asking them that you are trying to find certain material....be ready to dish out some money, prices vary and are pretty hefty at times, if they are worth it, is up to you.

Two is you can hit up eBay,craigslist, even garage sales and build you a drum kit, "research" and invest , take your time on this if you go this route, because in the long run you will eventually need at least a USB audio interface and drum recording mic (maybe even a tape machine,oooh yea baby!) and a quite a bit of practice on the drums,but not that much unless you really get into it, but all in all you can survive with just the kick drum,snare and hihat.

Just my two sense......good luck

ThaRealness

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Madison
You could do two things, (which I've done and had success) go on sites that sell records, (mainly cats who know about *breaks/cuts/gems) and shoot them an e-mail asking them that you are trying to find certain material....be ready to dish out some money, prices vary and are pretty hefty at times, if they are worth it, is up to you.

Two is you can hit up eBay,craigslist, even garage sales and build you a drum kit, "research" and invest , take your time on this if you go this route, because in the long run you will eventually need at least a USB audio interface and drum recording mic (maybe even a tape machine,oooh yea baby!) and a quite a bit of practice on the drums,but not that much unless you really get into it, but all in all you can survive with just the kick drum,snare and hihat.

Just my two sense......
Always appreciate your knowledge breh. but Im broke right now.

I might hit up recordkingz in a month or 2 :manny:

You been making beats lately?

Daps
Reppin
H Λ W Λ I ' I
I'm in the same exact situation homie, it's like every time I get extra cash something comes up and it goes towards there lol, haven't been making beats lately no, soon though I'm hoping to get back into it. I have a habit of going through my sound library and re-arranging shyt..think I might have some kind of OCD lol.

ThaRealness

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Madison
I'm in the same exact situation homie, it's like every time I get extra cash something comes up and it goes towards there lol, haven't been making beats lately no, soon though I'm hoping to get back into it. I have a habit of going through my sound library and re-arranging shyt..think I might have some kind of OCD lol.
Good shyt man.. Summer just brings it out right :myman:

wilburn burchette

got his ass
Daps
Reppin
Felladelphila
Always appreciate your knowledge breh. but Im broke right now.

I might hit up recordkingz in a month or 2 :manny:

You been making beats lately?

skip recordkingz if you don't have a turntable like you said above. use that money on a pt-01 or some shyt (usually a million new ones in the box for 90 on the bay) and start digging. technology got people making the shyt out to be more than it is, just hit up your goodwills, antique malls, thrifts, record stores, garage sales. samples are out there if you wanna find em, for real you can go anywhere right now and walk out with a handful of dollar bin joints with a drum break. if you can't just google and find somebody with a blog of vinyl rips and don't wanna find joints on your own then be prepared to pay somebody plenty of money.

wilburn burchette

got his ass
Daps
Reppin
Felladelphila
they sell mp3 files for a price, just gotta be specific of what you want, there are people like that out there, you just have to dig around.

true and i can't knock the hustle, but OP says he's broke. speaking from the same perspective i'd say use recordkingz money to find a cheap turntable, preamp and speakers and he's good. find out where records are in your town and the surrounding ones, go out and you'll probably see grover washington "feels so good", the lee michaels self titled joint with the black cover/close up (jay dee break), les crane "desiderata" (like 2 or 3 breaks on that). weather report joints are always out, cop those and read the liner notes. at the end of the day if you're gonna make sample-based beats you'll need those 3 pieces of gear, and however you wanna attain samples after that is up to you. you might not feel digging like that and might not get the bug but you'll have some necessary equipment and at least a couple records with dope drums, samples/basslines/stabs whatever even vinyl static samples.

and :dame: just to keep that from reading like a gearslutz post or some shyt