Is there going to be a technology boom in Africa?

2Quik4UHoes

Why you had to go?
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Norfeast groovin…
Yep, Kigali and Nairobi are hot spots right now but I think Zambia is in on it too. Lots of foreign nationals are gettin in on the scheme since it's a whole new market ready to be set up and harnessed. I'd love it if somebody Black from this side of the world could make a cell phone company or make apps or something cuz those make HUGE profits in Africa right now.

theworldismine13

God Emperor of SOHH
Daps
Reppin
Arrakis
Not really, first there has to be a literacy, university and infrastructure boom

Importing technology and writing a few apps is not a technology boom

Amestafuu (Emeritus)

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Toronto
Yep, Kigali and Nairobi are hot spots right now but I think Zambia is in on it too. Lots of foreign nationals are gettin in on the scheme since it's a whole new market ready to be set up and harnessed. I'd love it if somebody Black from this side of the world could make a cell phone company or make apps or something cuz those make HUGE profits in Africa right now.
Their app market there is as competitive as anywhere else and the ingenuity great. Very good tailor made apps for those environments are revoulionizing business. As a whole the mobile industry is such a gold mine because it has been wide open. Not a lot of regulation and the lack of landlines for most people has made it a huge profit source. It is also how most access the internet.

I think the self grown businesses have been the clearest leaders. Given a lot of these ideas were facilitated by returning expats.

On the low Nairobi is booming with young moguls and I wanna be amongst em... Constructing my crib on Ngong Hills

unit321

Hong Kong Phooey
Daps
Reppin
USA
I don't know about a technology boom. They're competing against India and China who have a better infrastructure and base of smart people. How much lower are you going to charge for contract IT services and be able to make money?
They've got the Nigerian prince scheme on lockdown. No one in India and China have beaten them on that game.