Is this a bad move while inquiring about the status of my job application?

Daps
I have been taking interviews back to back for the past two months and it seems like things are finally going to open up with three companies. One of them has offered me a position, the second one wants me to go meet up with the CIO for a final interview, and the third one has me on hold.

The third company is the one that I would really love to work for; I took an interview with the HR (passed), then with director of engineering (passed), and a week ago the HR made me take an assessment interview. Since then I haven't heard from them.

Is it justifiable to email the H.R. (since its been a week later) and inquire about my application? Also, would it be a good move to mention I have an offer with another company and that's why I was curious about my application before committing to any contract?

Share the knowledge, brethren.

DJSmooth

Superstar
Daps
I have been taking interviews back to back for the past two months and it seems like things are finally going to open up with three companies. One of them has offered me a position, the second one wants me to go meet up with the CIO for a final interview, and the third one has me on hold.

The third company is the one that I would really love to work for; I took an interview with the HR (passed), then with director of engineering (passed), and a week ago the HR made me take an assessment interview. Since then I haven't heard from them.

Is it justifiable to email the H.R. (since its been a week later) and inquire about my application? Also, would it be a good move to mention I have an offer with another company and that's why I was curious about my application before committing to any contract?

Share the knowledge, brethren.

Jobs are like dating if they wanted you that badly they would hit you up. You could inquire about the application but if they a lolly gagging I would go with the company that wants you more.

Also yes mention you have an offer and need to speed things up.