Pseudonym

Secretary of Defense of #catset
Supporter
Daps
On New Year’s my GrannyGrams always cooks:

Collard Greens & cabbage: for money
Black Eyed Peas : for luck/ prosperity
Cornbread : for a golden/prosperous year
Pork (if you eat it) :good luck (usually in the greens or cabbage)

I wanna keep the tradition going since I can’t visit her this year.

Last edited:

mattw1313

Superstar
Daps
was on the phone with my moms the other day and she mentioned that my grandmother used to be big on having black eyes peas and some other things on new years

as much as we love my grandmother we just kinda dismissed it as superstitions of the older generation. so I guess you can't say that survived as a family tradition

KingTut

Green diamonds like a dill pickle
Daps
Reppin
TX
Yep, for as long as I can remember. Where are you and your family from? I always figured it was a southern superstition but now I'm curious :patrice:

RhodyRum

Mark Gassed-A-Heaux
Daps
Reppin
The Great Green North
Eat food because superstition and fairy tales tells you stuffing your face to gain the components to aid in cellular respiration will somehow someway alter your fate in life brehs :mjlol:

Eating certain foods on certain days because of cultural traditions is one thing, but eating certain foods because they grant you things by some unforseen magic is just another chapter in The Big Book of Stupid Human Tricks. How does an adult brain in this day & age still promote this type of garbage thinking? :mjlol:

Nicole0416_718_929_646212

The Prim Reaper
Bushed
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NYC and FBA Riverboat Retaliation
Eat food because superstition and fairy tales tells you stuffing your face to gain the components to aid in cellular respiration will somehow someway alter your fate in life brehs :mjlol:

Eating certain foods on certain days because of cultural traditions is one thing, but eating certain foods because they grant you things by some unforseen magic is just another chapter in The Big Book of Stupid Human Tricks. How does an adult brain in this day & age still promote this type of garbage thinking? :mjlol:
Welp- at least we know who the snarky unfunny dumbass cac is ^^^

RhodyRum

Mark Gassed-A-Heaux
Daps
Reppin
The Great Green North
Welp- at least we know who the snarky unfunny dumbass cac is ^^^

So you believe eating cabbage puts money in your dusty ass pockets? :mjlol:

That eating black eye peas will prevent you from being T-Boned at an intersection if you cross it when a drunk driver simultaneously runs a red light? :mjgrin:

Damn right I'm snarky & look down at stupidity being promoted in our community. But then again I'm talking to someone who's made up a life for internet daps. :francis:

Grow up you retard. :hhh:

saturn7

Politics is an EXCHANGE!!!
Daps
Reppin
DMV Freedman
Same thing with my family. My maternal Grandma had a lot of New Year's traditions/superstitions she passed on to us.

Soul food on New Year's day.
A man needs to be the first person to enter your home on New Year's for good luck throughout the year.
Don't eat fowl on New Year's day or you'll be scratching yourself throughout the year.
Don't wash clothes on New Year's Day because you will wash someone out of the family.