Is this billboard racist?........ (of course it is) ...

BaileyPark31

Love, Peace, Health, and Wealth
Daps
Reppin
The Keystone State
A Pennsylvania billboard has sparked an outcry and accusations of racism — but the man who put it up insists that he’s simply trying to strike up a “conversation” about race.

Want daily pop culture news delivered to your inbox?Sign up here for Yahoo’s newsletter.

As Pittsburgh’s WPXI reports, the controversial digital billboard stands on Route 422 outside Worthington, Pa. Its changing screen features multiple messages. One reads “whites have rights,” while another features a photo of actor Jussie Smollett, who is being investigated for an alleged hate crime hoax.

“Jussie Smollett hangs himself! Sets ‘race’ relations back 100 years,” it reads.

32618b50007ee0ddb3b8d71b3f53b50f

The billboard also slams several prominent politicians as “black racists.” (Photo: WPXI)
A third message features images of various politicians — including Rep. John Lewis and Rep. Maxine Waters — and accuses them of being “black racists.”

John Placek, who owns the billboard, denied any racist intentions.

“Racism is misunderstood in America and I want to have the conversation,” he told WPXI. “We need to get over: I’m black. You’re white. You’re Hispanic. Who cares? I don’t care about that. I do care about how you act and how you stand for my flag, our flag.

“We gotta get people talking,” he continued. “We gotta get them excited. And that’s what I’ve done. The board was never meant to hurt anybody. I would never do that. I’m a patriot. I’m an American. Period.”

But critics say his messages are inflammatory.

“I don’t see it as thought-provoking,” Michael Allshouse, who called the billboard “racist,” told WPXI. “I don’t see it as instigating thoughtful discussion as much as it is provoking and agitating.”

BaileyPark31

Love, Peace, Health, and Wealth
Daps
Reppin
The Keystone State
And of course the Yahoo commenters don't see a thing wrong with it :mjpls:

• So white people don't want to lay down and be demonized by people who are too lazy too think and actually make a contribution. Whites have rights. Get over it.

• 40147157986_eca1f6_o.jpg
    7 hours ago
    I'm 68 year old white male and I have never had trouble with someone abusing my rights! Every company I worked for made me the highest paid person in my dept or manager within 6 months. I like to work, I like to understand why I'm doing something and how everything works therefore I know how to fix stuff, how to make things easier, what I can and can not do! The key to anything is knowledge and understanding not skin color! That said every White person I have heard complain seems to think they deserve to be paid more for doing less but i worked hard and earned my promotions and every employer I worked for liked that fact and rewarded me for my effort! Education, effort, understanding are the things that hold you back if you are White not skin color!

• 38837675853_f8bc3c_o.jpg
    9 hours ago
    If a white person wears a T-shirt saying "White Pride" they are considered a racist. If a black person wears the same T-shirt saying "Black Pride" all is well. I could give more examples but I think Nuff said.

Self_Born7

SUN OF MAN
Daps
Reppin
all 23 million miles of useful land
And of course the Yahoo commenters don't see a thing wrong with it :mjpls:

• So white people don't want to lay down and be demonized by people who are too lazy too think and actually make a contribution. Whites have rights. Get over it.

• 40147157986_eca1f6_o.jpg
    7 hours ago
    I'm 68 year old white male and I have never had trouble with someone abusing my rights! Every company I worked for made me the highest paid person in my dept or manager within 6 months. I like to work, I like to understand why I'm doing something and how everything works therefore I know how to fix stuff, how to make things easier, what I can and can not do! The key to anything is knowledge and understanding not skin color! That said every White person I have heard complain seems to think they deserve to be paid more for doing less but i worked hard and earned my promotions and every employer I worked for liked that fact and rewarded me for my effort! Education, effort, understanding are the things that hold you back if you are White not skin color!

• 38837675853_f8bc3c_o.jpg
    9 hours ago
    If a white person wears a T-shirt saying "White Pride" they are considered a racist. If a black person wears the same T-shirt saying "Black Pride" all is well. I could give more examples but I think Nuff said.
:sas2:
yeah when we think of white pride, we see neo nazi skin heads attacking minorities... black pride is being proud of your true afikan self, which does not involve any kind of racism or hate.

Dorian Breh

Veteran
Daps

• 7 hours ago

The other two are prob real but this has to be a troll :troll:

clyma est mort

R.I.P. Eazy-E
Daps
Reppin
Nor Cal
What’s up with using that web layout on a billboard? Did they screenshot a webpage or something? Terrible.

ezrathegreat

Veteran
Daps
It's damn near impossible for a white person born and raised in America not to be racist. Fir a white person in the U.S to not be racist, they would literally have to hate their culture (which is white supremacy) and everything it stands for.

Let A Fro Be A Fro

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Dirty South
So this was simply labeled "controversial" by the media instead of outright racist :mjpls:

Now the station has lost Sunoco brand and delivery of fuel.

Sunoco stops fuel deliveries to gas station over controversial billboard
  • Updated: Mar 28, 2019 - 2:29 PM
  • Sunoco stops fuel deliveries to gas station over controversial billboard
  • WORTHINGTON, Pa. - A gas station in Armstrong County won’t be receiving gas from Sunoco after its owner displayed controversial messages on a billboard down the road.

Sunoco has stopped fuel deliveries to the Worthington station after its owner, John Placek, displayed the messages, including a racial slur on the billboard following the Michael Rosfeld trial.

• Sunoco has also removed all signage and trademarks from the station.

A spokesperson for Sunoco sent us the following statement:

I can confirm that we have terminated our business relationship with this site. At Sunoco we believe racism and bias in any form are simply unacceptable. Those representing the independently-owned Sunoco branded sites are expected to uphold our values on this topic. These offensive billboards are unacceptable and do NOT represent our values and beliefs in any way, therefore we made the decision to terminate our relationship with this independent site owner.

Channel 11 has been following controversy over the digital billboards. Last month, Placek posted offensive messages during black history month.

Sunoco officials told TribLIVE they received complaints about the billboard on Twitter and responded to them throughout the week.