Is this true or simp pandering?

Exlurkernegro

Judge me by my heart not my hairline
Daps
Ol' Nerdy b*stard (@ShimminyKricket) Tweeted:
Listen, over the past 40 years 51% of black women have married down (married a spouse with less wealth, education and or income than themselves). In 2018, lets stop pretending black women only want you for money most of you clearly dont have. .

:patrice::mjpls:

AlainLocke

Banned
Daps
No it's not true...it's not 51 percent of Black women or that 40 year bullshyt, it's 49 percent of college educated Black women don't marry a college educated Black man

Why black women with college degrees can’t get ahead
Just 49% of college-educated black women marry a well-educated man (i.e., with at least some post-secondary education), compared to 84% of college-educated white women, according to an analysis of PSID data by Yale sociologist Vida Maralani.

-------

Black-white gaps in marriage rates reflect different levels of education by race, but there is an important gender gap too. Young white women—aged between 25 and 35—are the most likely to have at least a BA (37%), followed by white men (29%), black women (23%) and black men (16%), according to our analysis of the ACS. We focus on the 25 to 35 year-old age cohort because these are the years during which most women, particularly college graduates, enter into their first marriage.

figure-1.jpg

figure-4.jpg

Last edited:

AlainLocke

Banned
Daps
Also, it's kinda fukked up women expect to marry someone better than them and we OK that shyt as men...

Samori Toure

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
It is simp pandering shyt.

I have said once and I will say it a thousand more times. Simps are the b*stard children of the Devil. Simps have been convinced by others that they are not good enough for anybody anywhere; so simps on their own accord have decided that anybody that looks like them is not good enough for anybody anywhere either.

Geek Nasty

Brain Knowledgeably Whizzy
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
South Kakalaka
I used to fukk with this girl who was a social worker making peanuts with a degree. Her supervisor had a masters making a handful more of peanuts. At the time I had no degree and made more than both of them :banderas: About 7-8 years later, more than both of them put toegther

Spiritual Stratocaster

Jesus is KING
Supporter
Daps
In 2018, lets stop pretending black women only want you for money most of you clearly dont have.

:dahell:

Who thinks this? This is America in 2018 you can get a chick to wanna get wifed up if you just dikk em down good,have a 9-5 and don't embarass em by fukking a bunch of hoes let's be real.

Brehs just be using any excuse to justify their anger towards women or some shyt.

TNOT

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NOLA
Unless 51% of black women graduate with STEM degrees none of that shyt is true.

Samori Toure

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I used to fukk with this girl who was a social worker making peanuts with a degree. Her supervisor had a masters making a handful more of peanuts. At the time I had no degree and made more than both of them :banderas: About 7-8 years later, more than both of them put toegther

The whole degree business makes people lose sight of the fact that whether you have a degree or not; you are going to be working somewhere doing something at some point in your life. It is fine to have a college degree/degrees, but it doesn't change a basic equation that a person has to work. A person is going to have to get a job whether they have a degree or not. I admire anybody that works.