Is wearing a professional sports jersey just cosplaying as your favorite player?

Ahadi

Veteran
Daps
Was never a fan of wearing another man’s name on my back…

So I just wear the generic team gear.
:yeshrug:

Same. Maybe customize my last name on there, but I’m not into wearing another man’s jersey lol

Nymbus

Great Value Man™
Supporter
Daps
look like JJ watts homecoming date brehs:mjlol:

Money Be Green

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
The Pitts
DnJJnOlUcAIhiWh.jpg

Daps
I never wear another man’s name on my back. That shyt is moist. You property of that man? You love that man? Wtf part of the game is that?

I rep the team not the player.

imagine wearing another man name on your back and actually seeing that man and he sons you. nikka!! :mjlol:

King

The black man is always targeted.
Daps
Professional sports is really just anime for jocks and pretend jocks. Outlandish costumes, multiple chained arcs, seasonal big bads, crazy betrayals and side switches and it always ends in a tournament arc. Wearing a pro sports jersey in the end of the day is just cosplaying as your favorite character.

Discuss :jbhmm:
I would say so. It’s a bit nuanced because sports are live action, whereas anime is fiction. A better comparison, in context, would be e-sports.

But at the end of the day people still ascribe a fictional “cult of personality” to their favorite athletes. So you are correct on a base level.