Is Welcome to Atlanta the best remix in hip hop history?

Memorial Stadium Piru

WE BYKE BABY
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Big Red

Brehs...I know it's a lot of great remixes that were hits & all that, but I really struggle to find a better one :patrice:

Jermaine Dupri killed his verse
Puffy's ghostwrite killed that shyt
Murphy Lee went crazy
Snoop's verse was ELECTRIFYING, it was so smooth but somehow gives me chills :wow:

jensyao

Collector
Daps
Reppin
Schooling people takes forever; don't bother

===

welcome to atlanta remix wasn't even welcoming people to atlanta anymore but random other cities....

TI was in the original welcome to altanta music video for like 2 seconds at the end and he was super salty that the welcome to altanta remix didn't feature the up and coming rap scene of atlanta rappers back in 2001 but instead featured the rest of the bandwagoning music industry to capitalize and take shine from luda's hit...that's where luda's and TI's beef originally stemmed. young buck's stomp just reignited it

good thing ludacris didn't make a georgia remix welcoming people to new york state, california, and missouri :francis::snoop:

Last edited:

JustCKing

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
No it's not. And this plays into what Gipp was talking about. I never understood why JD thought it was a good idea to make a "Welcome To Atlanta" remix and not feature ONE Atlanta artist, but three artists that weren't from Atlanta.

Imagine Nas remixing "NY State of Mind" featuring Outkast, Common, and Snoop Dogg. Imagine Jay Z remixing "Empire State of Mind" featuring Beyonce (in place of Alicia Keys), Rick Ross, Dr. Dre, and Kanye West.

Tommy Gibbs

All Star
Daps
u really think this shyt is better than the remixes of

One more chance
I shot ya
Scenario
shut em down
flava in ya ear
paid in full
california love
it aint hard to tell

and those are just a few!!! cmon now... stop it

Westbama Heartthrob

Irregular Zero
Daps
Reppin
7th District
No it's not. And this plays into what Gipp was talking about. I never understood why JD thought it was a good idea to make a "Welcome To Atlanta" remix and not feature ONE Atlanta artist, but three artists that weren't from Atlanta.

Imagine Nas remixing "NY State of Mind" featuring Outkast, Common, and Snoop Dogg. Imagine Jay Z remixing "Empire State of Mind" featuring Beyonce (in place of Alicia Keys), Rick Ross, Dr. Dre, and Kanye West.
I can tell you why...

Money :takedat: