Isle Delfino Piantas (from Mario Sunshine) Unappreciation

Daps
Reppin
NULL
He thought he was gonna be able to chill on the beach with the Princess like :ahh:

maxresdefault.jpg

but these colorblind clowns want to front like they didn't see him getting off the plane in the beginning :what:

They immediately get him locked up in the joint and force him to clean everything. Even worse, these police treat you like crap the whole game...
latest

Even after you run past directly in front of them chasing Shadow Mario when he kidnaps Peach :martin:

sms_kidnapped.jpg

These idiot villagers also see both of you IN THE SAME PLACE AT THE SAME TIME and they never drop the charges, still acting like YOU did it :pacspit:

NO remorse for locking my dude up like a criminal :mjcry:

mario-in-jail.jpg

Daps
Reppin
NULL
You missed out on some piff.

On topic, the justice system over there is :dahell:. Mario never snitched and did his time like a G. :mjpls:

Yeah, the GameCube gets a bad rap. It wasn't seeing the PS2, but it still had some great games. Metroid Prime, Resident Evil 4, Tales of Symphonia, F-Zero GX, Viewtiful Joe, Wind Waker, and Paper Mario are all great. Melee is still the GOAT Smash Bros.

This game in particular was decent, but had some issues that kept it from being as strong as the better games in the series.

Daps
Reppin
NULL
Yooooo,

Replaying this game, I just got to the amusement park.
I can only imagine someone sitting there like :krs: it's about to go down, Mario's facing his evil twin :banderas:
And then this crazy :demonic: looking villain shows it's true form... and it's actually this thing...

hqdefault.jpg

Then he starts talking about how he's on a mission to rescue his "mama" from Mario.
Peach is standing there like :dwillhuh: "I'm your mama?"

You don't know if you carried that thing inside of you for nine months? Really princess? :dahell:

Ricco Harbor and Noki Bay are both lit though, I love those levels :ahh:

Jonah

XBOT Suicide Prevention Squad
Daps
Reppin
Cali Crew
I play this every now and then. Im already on that village area where you gotta look into the sun to get to. I just might hop on it in a bit after I finish making this coffee. :takedat:

Dame Time

Pro
Daps
Reppin
Norge
:wow: the nostalgia... need to cop a GC controller and this game so I can hop on the Wii to play

SMS and Wind Waker :ohlawd:

Cobratron

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
People look back and say it was a good game, but I never liked it. A lot of people at the time felt it was a mediocre as well. I bought it and probably never even got close to being halfway done with it. Not a worthy follow up to Mario 64, IMO.

Daps
They tried something new it was dope alot of filler bosses and repetition though. But it had the GOAT hubworld of any Mario game in terms of exploration.

Still would give it a 9.4 out of 10

Last edited:
Daps
Reppin
NULL
They tried something new it was dope alot of filler bosses and repetition though. But it had the GOAT hubworld of any Mario game in terms of exploration.

still would give it a 9.4 out of 10

Yeah, Sunshine had the GOAT hubworld in a Mario game for sure. And the secret levels :ohlawd:

Sunshine was decent, and I respect that it tried to do something different (unlike some of the soulless games you'll see Mario in today), but it had some major issues that made it feel rushed to me:

* The removal of Mario's punches/kicks and the long jump
* Too few levels
* Not enough challenge/variety with the enemies
* A disappointing final boss battle

If they fixed all of those and added a blue coin checklist of some kind to help you keep track and give you hints, that would easily catapult the game to GOAT levels. As it stands now, I'd give it a 7/10 myself.

Edit: cheap deaths were an issue as well. Those blooper surfing missions :why:

Last edited:
Daps
Yeah, Sunshine had the GOAT hubworld in a Mario game for sure. And the secret levels :ohlawd:

Sunshine was decent, and I respect that it tried to do something different (unlike some of the soulless games you'll see Mario in today), but it had some major issues that made it feel rushed to me:

* The removal of Mario's punches/kicks and the long jump
* Too few levels
* Not enough challenge/variety with the enemies
* A disappointing final boss battle

If they fixed all of those and added a blue coin checklist of some kind to help you keep track and give you hints, that would easily catapult the game to GOAT levels. As it stands now, I'd give it a 7/10 myself.
I'd really have to play it again to review it properly but I had fond memories so maybe I inflated the score a bit. That was like 13 or 14 years ago. The secret levels without fludd were:ohlawd: though.