IT brehs, What can I expect for the A+ 901 exam?

Child_Of_God

Love is a long road.
Daps
Reppin
Washington D.C.
I am planning on taking it in October, I have been studying for 2 weeks now as well as taking a bunch of practice exams but my weak spots are really the hardware.

I have no experience with fixing and building computers at all so most of the shyt that professor messer is explaining to me sounds so foreign. Do I really need to know the number of pins a ram has or how many data a blue ray drive holds? I feel like most of the shyt that’s on here are really useless to know.

O.T.I.S.

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
The Truth
I am planning on taking it in October, I have been studying for 2 weeks now as well as taking a bunch of practice exams but my weak spots are really the hardware.

I have no experience with fixing and building computers at all so most of the shyt that professor messer is explaining to me sounds so foreign. Do I really need to know the number of pins a ram has or how many data a blue ray drive holds? I feel like most of the shyt that’s on here are really useless to know.
In real life, fukk no

all you need to know IRL is how to diagnose shyt and fix shyt when it breaks

Thats why I hated tf out of A+... it was literally a waste of time to me but it was required for me to take Net+. I honestly barely remember the exam because I took mines in like 2005 or something and remember it was a lot of dumb shyt about outdated software, form factors, troubleshooting, printers (types), etc. . ask @At30wecashout , I think he just took it recently. and honestly, hardware was the easiest part to me

And lord knows I hate professor messer

Child_Of_God

Love is a long road.
Daps
Reppin
Washington D.C.
In real life, fukk no

all you need to know IRL is how to diagnose shyt and fix shyt when it breaks

Thats why I hated tf out of A+... it was literally a waste of time to me but it was required for me to take Net+. I honestly barely remember the exam because I took mines in like 2005 or some shyt. ask @At30wecashout , I think he just took it recently. and honestly, hardware was the easiest part to me

And lord knows I hate professor messer

I feel you on that. I think it’s worthless too but My cousin was the one that recommended I take it since I’m just starting out in the IT field. From what I heard it will only land me a entry level job at some call center but I guess we all got to start somewhere.

O.T.I.S.

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
The Truth
I feel you on that. I think it’s worthless too but My cousin was the one that recommended I take it since I’m just starting out in the IT field. From what I heard it will only land me a entry level job at some call center but I guess we all got to start somewhere.
most likely but it's good to get your foot in a door

it's not WORTHLESS... more like the test is tedious and a lot of it is seemingly unimportant. But if you don't know the lingo, understand the theory and concepts, then it is good to know. You get introduced to a lot of things that might be knew or past technology you MIGHT run into in your career. Also it starts you off with stuff you will run into when dealing with other certs like command line language, navigation through the OS's, troubleshooting tips/tricks, etc.

audemarzz

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Lmao I was studying for it took a break. . . Boy them questions where it ask you "what's wrong with the printer, cole says its connected to the network but when he tries to print nothing happens"

Kenny West

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
You kinda do.

But really I had about the same knowledge base when I took it. No experience taking computers apart but I studied any textbook I could find in Barnes n Noble front to back.

Did perfect on the questions but bombed the practical part.

I passed tho:manny:

Redguard

Hoonding
Daps
Reppin
Hammerfell
Care to elaborate breh?

It did help me get my current job and that is it. Its only good to get your foot in the door.

Most of the stuff they test you on is not used as much. I already had built my own computer for gaming and helped my cousin build his computer. So I already had some knowledge going into the test.

Honestly most of the time if I don't know something I will look it up.

What is most important is knowing how to troubleshoot a problem so you don't waste the customers/clients time and your own time. Also having good customer service skills is invaluable. Basically being able to talk to people.

SAINT

All $ IN
Supporter
Daps
You can skip the A+ bro. Just build your own pc and Find an internship somewhere. It’ll save you money and get you experience.

Mordith

H.E.N.R.Y.
Daps
Reppin
Cobb County
H-2761.jpg

:mjgrin:

Child_Of_God

Love is a long road.
Daps
Reppin
Washington D.C.
You can skip the A+ bro. Just build your own pc and Find an internship somewhere. It’ll save you money and get you experience.

I tried looking for internships but had no luck. I’m not sure if it’s my location or what. I live in DC so I’m not sure if that’s really it.

Redguard

Hoonding
Daps
Reppin
Hammerfell
I tried looking for internships but had no luck. I’m not sure if it’s my location or what. I live in DC so I’m not sure if that’s really it.

I would get it just to get your foot in the door. I had to do it to even get an interview.

Once I get more experience and a few certs, I'm moving to the DMV area.

I have family out there and one of my cousins is already making six figures in IT.