It's Crazy How This Virus Is Turning Out to Be The Great Equalizer

BlackJesus

Spread science, save with coupons
Daps
Reppin
The Cosmos
One thing is clear: the wealthy can't buy their way out of this. There is no where for them to go everywhere is on lockdown, international flights are cancelled and most shops are closed. They can't even get access to testing.

In addition to all that their wealth is being hammered by the stock market. They took a major L in March. Any more drops like that and they'll be on the bread lines with the rest of us. They have no options, just like everyone else.

Best they can do is hunker down in their mansions and wait it out with netflix & ice cream.:russ:

For the first time in recent memory, everyone is equal.:wow:

Typical Knicks Fan

F-ing Knicks.
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
New York
They likely didn’t take a hit because they have contacts who warned them about the downturn in the economy. They are the ones who dumped their stocks en masse from mid February and are now returning to the market after the stimulus plan. They didn’t take a 30% hit and are now buying back in for a quick 20% return. The rich always win in this country.

Last edited:

KillerB88

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
ATL - Cleveland Ave.
One thing is clear: the wealthy can't buy their way out of this. There is no where for them to go everywhere is on lockdown, international flights are cancelled and most shops are closed. They can't even get access to testing.

In addition to all that their wealth is being hammered by the stock market. They took a major L in March. Any more drops like that and they'll be on the bread lines with the rest of us. They have no options, just like everyone else.

Best they can do is hunker down in their mansions and wait it out with netflix & ice cream.:russ:

:jbhmm: You do realize the stock market consists of companies that people work for? So if the wealthy are losing wealth because these companies are in survival mode-- what do you think is happening to the Average Joe that relies on said companies for income?

The Average Joe can't even pay rent in a few days. I'm sure they wish they could chill on the couch with their homes paid for and eat ice cream.:skip:

HellRell804

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NULL
:jbhmm: You do realize the stock market consists of companies that people work for? So if the wealthy are losing wealth because these companies are in survival mode-- what do you think is happening to the Average Joe that relies on said companies for income?

The Average Joe can't even pay rent in a few days. I'm sure they wish they could chill on the couch with their homes paid for and eat ice cream.:skip:

That envy makes people irrational...

DJ Paul's Arm

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Cali

Shieeet I wouldn't mind being in quarantine for 6 months if I lived here

1558026408609.jpeg

BlackJesus

Spread science, save with coupons
Daps
Reppin
The Cosmos

Most people who lose their jobs will just go on unemployment, which hits the wealthys pockets because of taxes. Plus no need to pay rent for a few months hits the wealthy again.:mjlol: SF just did a moratorium on paying rent and other bills. My landlord was mad as fukk.

KillerB88

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
ATL - Cleveland Ave.
Most people who lose their jobs will just go on unemployment, which hits the wealthys pockets because of taxes. Plus no need to pay rent for a few months hits the wealthy again.:mjlol: SF just did a moratorium on paying rent and other bills. My landlord was mad as fukk.
:russ:
nikka ya'll not paying rent because you're not being PAID. Depending on how long this goes on, neither your company nor the gov't has the resources to keep padding folks' bank accounts. Even if I qualified, that measly $1200 wouldn't cover half my rent.

Ciggavelli

|∞||∞||∞||∞|
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Houston
Except the rich get better access to tests and hospital care. Money can buy that.

Also, the rich get billion dollar bailouts for their companies and everybody else gets $1200

If there was a cure for corona, the rich would get it first

:francis:

The longer I live, the more I realize that money is the most important thing on earth. :francis: