It's Official. Punisher Series Coming To Netflix.

R.O. Double

Holdin My Balls Since 83
Daps
Reppin
City Of Angels
Marvel's The Punisher spin-off ordered by Netflix

by James Hibberd | April 29 2016 — 9:00 AM EDT

the-punisher.jpg

Netflix

It’s official: The Punisher is getting his own TV series.

EW has learned that Marvel has ordered a spin-off starring vigilante character introduced in Daredevilseason 2.

Jon Bernthal will reprise his role as vengeful military veteran Frank Castle, who brings his own lethal form of justice to Hell’s Kitchen.

Writer and executive producer Steve Lightfoot (Hanniba,Casualty) will serve as showrunner.

Marvel’s The Punisher marks the sixth series ordered (so far) as part of the collaboration between Netflix and Marvel Television, including the upcoming Luke Cage,Iron Fist, and the ensemble miniseries The Defenders – along with Jessica Jones and the aforementionedDaredevil. (And in case you’re wondering, as we are, whether Bernthal’s character will also be added to The Defenders lineup, that’s not yet clear – though it seems likely he’ll at least pop in for an appearance.)

Word that Netflix was working on a potential Punisherspin-off was first reported by TV Line last summer. Netflix and Marvel are expected to publicly announce the project later Friday. Here is the first teaser image for the new series:

RS_Punisher_Series_Coming_RAB_02a.png

The Fukin Prophecy

RIP Champ
Daps
Shane... :salute:

No way they couldn't have green lit a Punisher series after how well received Bernthal's performance was in Daredevil...

I pray they keep the brutality on 100...

That prison scene was one of the greatest most brutal fight scenes I have ever seen...

PlayerNinety_Nine

Produced, Arranged, Composed and Performed by....
Daps
Everybody getting a series and I love it, I wonder when Netflix gonna make a series for Squirrel Girl?:banderas:

Too bad Netflix already did Kimmy Schmidt - I could see them doing Squirrel Girl with Ellie Kemper, as a comedy in that vein. Small town girl in the big city type thing.

But with Daredevil level fight scenes :ohhh:

That final fight scene where she gives Dr. Doom the hands in Central Park, while baby sitting Luke and Jessica's daughter, and all the squirrels jump in too :whoo:

Then whenever it gets brought up in future projects, Doom hits them with "INSOLENT FOOL! :childplease:That was a Doombot"

while he's secretly :mjcry:inside.

Last edited:

Black Hans

Follow Jesus. Be Beautiful
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
John 14:6
hmm... so a show about a man going around mass killing people is being considered for TV? :jbhmm: In this day and age? :patrice:

This won't end well :francis:

teacher

All Star
Daps
I just predicted Netflix would be doing a show for the punisher...the way he played shane they couldn't of picked a better frank castle...they better step up he rating for this though :beli: