It's official, UFC > Boxing

The Infamous

Vocabulary.spills.I'm.ill
Daps
And we having to wait until late NEXT year to see Canelo and GGG. Fukk Golden Boy

Even then, it's not guaranteed to happen next year. It was supposed to happen this year.

Last edited:

reservoirdogs

Superstar
Daps
How you compare an organization with a whole sport btw? :what:

I don't think that in MMA it's easier to make fights between the divided sides. Or is there a thing like random UFC fighter vs Bellator fighter events? Isn't that literally impossible for them? Doesn't that make it even more divided than boxing?
It just happened that UFC is clearly stronger in MMA than any other organization and nobody gives a fukk that Bellator fighters can't fight UFC fighters cause Bellator functions as some second division. As it would be the Championship compared to the Premier League. At least for now. If I know it right.

Boxing works otherwise since it's much older than MMA. So big MMA fight probably get made easier because it's simply a younger sport. As soon as another organization gets as strong or close as UFC your matchmaking will be even worse than boxing's imo...
You are lucky that now it's still so simple but it's merely because the young age of your sport which results simpler, clearer power relations than a more than 100 years old entertainment based fighting sport.

also the weightclasses... Boxing had also much less from them when it was a young sport... Maybe MMA will also add plus weightclasses with time...

reservoirdogs

Superstar
Daps
Imagine like you wouldn't have one Dana White in MMA but you would have 3-4, all of them with their own good fighters, networks with they are in good terms, business plans and economical goals.

In boxing we have Haymon, Arum, Oscar, mainly the first two as main promoters (Haymon is officially not that but oh well...), that's like we would have 3 Dana Whites as opposed to one.
in Britain they have Hearns and Warren who also don't really like each other...

The Infamous

Daps
How you compare an organization with a whole sport btw? :what:

I don't think that in MMA it's easier to make fights between the divided sides. Or is there a thing like random UFC fighter vs Bellator fighter events? Isn't that literally impossible for them? Doesn't that make it even more divided than boxing?
It just happened that UFC is clearly stronger in MMA than any other organization and nobody gives a fukk that Bellator fighters can't fight UFC fighters cause Bellator functions as some second division. As it would be the Championship compared to the Premier League. At least for now. If I know it right.

Boxing works otherwise since it's much older than MMA. So big MMA fight probably get made easier because it's simply a younger sport. As soon as another organization gets as strong or close as UFC your matchmaking will be even worse than boxing's imo...
You are lucky that now it's still so simple but it's merely because the young age of your sport which results simpler, clearer power relations than a more than 100 years old entertainment based fighting sport.

also the weightclasses... Boxing had also much less from them when it was a young sport... Maybe MMA will also add plus weightclasses with time...

How is the UFC more divided? 95% of the best MMA fighters are in the UFC. They all fight each other. There is very little division because the vast majority of talent is under 1 organization. Just like the NBA/MLB/NHL etc.

The Infamous

Daps
Imagine like you wouldn't have one Dana White in MMA but you would have 3-4, all of them with their own good fighters, networks with they are in good terms, business plans and economical goals.

In boxing we have Haymon, Arum, Oscar, mainly the first two as main promoters (Haymon is officially not that but oh well...), that's like we would have 3 Dana Whites as opposed to one.
in Britain they have Hearns and Warren who also don't really like each other...

I hope this never happens in MMA. I want all the talent under one organization. I want the best fighting the best on consistent basis.

reservoirdogs

Superstar
Daps
How is the UFC more divided? 95% of the best MMA fighters are in the UFC. They all fight each other. There is very little division because the vast majority of talent is under 1 organization. Just like the NBA/MLB/NHL etc.
Did you just completely miss what I said and you reacted only to one sentence? :dahell: Didn't I explain why is the situation is how it is? Yes, I did. You basically complaining about boxing being an older sport art with naturally more complicated power relations than MMA. that's just dumb :aicmon:

mr x

Superstar
Daps
If joshua vs wlad is a go for november...how many months in previous yrs could stack up to it if we take into account all combat sports?

Ward/kovalev
Pacman/vargas
Joshua/wlad
Ufc 205 at the garden
Three bellators
Survivor series:hamster:

Combat fans :eat: