I've Been Working on Some New Music- Update: May 2nd - Another Song in OP

Hathaway

Someday, We'll All Be Free
Daps
Reppin
The Abyss
I made this record and I wanted to drop it here and get some feedback. It's R&B. The type of R&B I like. Not this modern stuff we here today. Ya'll be honest with me :sadcam:

Edit - my shyt went from 5 plays to 105 since I made this thread. Good looking out yall :salute:
So the main critique I'm getting is the quality. I've been working on it a bit and I think I managed to up the quality a bit. But understand, I'm never gonna be able to get professional quality from my home studio. I'm just not there yet. If ya'll could see my studio setup, ya'll would clown me:mjcry:
I just want my mix to be clean. I'm gonna replace the track with the newer version.

Edit 4/22/23 - I made another song. Can I get some more feedback? I've been trying to work on the mixing aspect, and I think this track is a lot cleaner than the first one. :lupe:

Edit 5/2/23 - Made another one. Really trying to improve my mixing/mastering quality. Let me know what ya'll think.

Last edited:

Akae Beka

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Mixing/recording quality needs work.
Lyrics are smooth for the track type.
Song a bit too long for my likings but I like the bridge of the track
Great singing voice too but for some reason I feel like your doing a parody? Maybe because I see u as a poster and it's hard to separate. (Not saying you're a parody poster)
With a better mix, I could imagine a song like this bring played on Sirius xm 48 or a mature radio station quiet storm. 🤫

Hathaway

Daps
Reppin
The Abyss
You got a blend of a tone of Slim from 112 but your voice is a lot like Freddie Jackson. You would have definitely got signed. It's hard to find nikkas who can sing as good as you.
Appreciate that bro
Mixing/recording quality needs work.
Lyrics are smooth for the track type.
Song a bit too long for my likings but I like the bridge of the track
Great singing voice too but for some reason I feel like your doing a parody? Maybe because I see u as a poster and it's hard to separate. (Not saying you're a parody poster)
With a better mix, I could imagine a song like this bring played on Sirius xm 48 or a mature radio station quiet storm. 🤫
Mixing is the hardest thing for me. I'm still tryna figure it out. I know its long. Sometimes I just get lost in the content and disregard the time. I know this new gen have short attention spans though so songs only need to be 2-3 minutes. Back when I was growing up, music was anywhere from 3-4 minutes. Thanks for the feedback though!

#1 pick

The Smart Negroes
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Lamb of God
Appreciate that bro

Mixing is the hardest thing for me. I'm still tryna figure it out. I know its long. Sometimes I just get lost in the content and disregard the time. I know this new gen have short attention spans though so songs only need to be 2-3 minutes. Back when I was growing up, music was anywhere from 3-4 minutes. Thanks for the feedback though!
You might need to work with a producer who can help you learn the ropes of mixing and has a good ear and can do 90s music. If you really want to make money, you might want to mix 90s sound with Afrobeats. Afrobeats is dominating the game right now and it's hard to get on in America if you not talking about fukking or killing.

Hathaway

Daps
Reppin
The Abyss
I hear a little guitar. I think it needs to be more prominent. Missing some rhythm.
Yeah its in the chorus. It gets drowned out by the other instruments. I couldn't figure out how to get it to sit properly in the mix without it being too loud so it just gets drowned out.

Charlie Hustle

Light Bringer
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Sin City
Yeah its in the chorus. It gets drowned out by the other instruments. I couldn't figure out how to get it to sit properly in the mix without it being too loud so it just gets drowned out.

Duplicate it and pan the original hard left and the duplicate hard right and see how it sounds.