Jack Swagger has something to say, Bret & Russo Speak on Reigns, Meltzer Tales

The Prince of All Saiyans

Formerly Jisoo Stan & @Twitter
Daps
WWE Superstar Jack Swagger recently spoke withThe Sports Bible while in the U.K. Below are some of the highlights from the interview.

On who he hasn't worked with that he would like to:

"I recently met Kurt Angle. We were in Pittsburgh and I was working out with R Truth and Kurt was in the same gym. So Truth knows him and he told him I was here and wanted to meet him. It was just before he did the match at that event with Mysterio with all the boxing and MMA fights on the card (laughs). When I first started watching wrestling he was the guy I watched 'cos he was an amateur and an Olympian and that's why I watch wrestling, for the technical aspect so yeah, I'd choose Kurt Angle."

On who has been the biggest influence on his career:

"I got a pretty good crew that helps keep me sane. Being away from my family a lot, I got two young'uns and it's tough not seeing them so the people I ride with between shows help me maintain my sanity because it'd very easy to be down and get complacent about things. That's why you need people who can help to push you and get you through the bumps and stuff. The people who know you and can talk to you are so important. Mike Chioda especially, who's been a referee in the business for over 30 years has had the biggest influence on my career. When I first broke into the biz I had a few friends say to me to go get tight with 'Cici' we call him or 'Coyote'. I mean, he's been around since before the first WrestleMania, so anything you need to know about the road or the shows, he's the man to go to."

On what he would be doing if he didn't become a WWE Superstar:

"A banker. Or a 'banker wanker' as you guys like to call it (laughs)! I just got my masters in business so it's 10 more years of wrestling and then, I dunno, interest rates I guess (laughs)."
Kurt Angle :obama:
WWE Hall Of Famer Bret Hart recently spoke withNotts TV News about parallels he sees between the way WWE is currently booking Roman Reigns and the way they booked Lex Luger in the early 1990s and more. Below are some of the highlights from the interview.

On parallels regarding the way WWE booked Lex Luger and the way they are currently booking Roman Reigns:

"There is a parallel. They tried, I think, to keep CM Punk down and they tried to make him seem [like] he wasn't big enough or wasn't what they wanted to be the star of the show and the company and gave all the main event spots to all the musclebound guys, Batista and all these other guys, years ago and he quit. Luckily for them, they had Daniel Bryan come right up to fill that void because they're both wrestlers. They're both wrestling wrestlers that do wrestling really well. I mean, I tip my hat to both those guys for being phenomenal wrestlers. And Daniel Bryan got hurt and they've tried to kind of prop up Roman Reigns."

On his belief that Roman Reigns has potential but has been handled wrong by WWE:

"I think Roman Reigns is actually a hard working, decent wrestler and he [has] got potential. Whether he [has] got the potential to carry the company, I don't know. It doesn't seem like the fans are into that too much, but I think a lot of it is bad booking, just really lousy booking, like, when I look at WrestleMania and look at how they built him in the Royal Rumble, they booed him all the way in it for the short time he was in there. And then they had him get hurt by The Authority where 10 guys beat him on the floor, which was so contrived. And then he went back to the dressing room and then he came out at the very end. He still didn't win. He got dumped out by Triple H, but it was like just too manufactured and too set up [for] people to digest it. And they kind of left it back up and it kind of ruined the making of him again as it led into WrestleMania. I thought it was just bad booking, bad story booking. What they should have done was have him out there early in the Rumble and have him earn it all the way through and have him fight till the end. Have him tip one guy out after another, especially when they wasted so many guys like The Big Show and Mark Henry, dumped them out like they were 100-pounders. If the Royal Rumble was legitimate, the last two guys in it would be The Big Show and Mark Henry, but they dumped them out like they were 100-pounders. It doesn't make any sense to me."
:yawn: get a booking job at TNA, sh-tman
Former WWE, WCW and TNA head writer Vince Russo recently appeared as a guest on the "Pro Wrestling illustrated Podcast," and shared his thoughts on the current push of Roman Reigns in WWE and Vince McMahon's inability to know what wrestling fans want in 2016.

Regarding the way Reigns is being pushed right now, a style that WWE fans are crapping all over, Russo puts the blame squarely on the shoulders of the WWE Chairman.

“It’s Vince [McMahon]," said Russo. "In Vince’s mind, it’s Bruno. It’s Backlund. Look at his history. He’s done it over and over and over again . . . Kevin Nash was this killer who beat Bob Backlund in like 8 seconds in Madison Square Garden. I was the editor at the WWF Magazine at the time. Diesel wins the belt. The next thing I know, Vince wants a picture of him on the cover of the WWF Magazine smiling like a Cheshire cat. And I remember arguing with Vince at the time, saying ‘What are you doing? This is not the character.’ And Vince wanted the white bread babyface."

Russo continued, explaining that McMahon wanted a similar style when the pushes of Shawn Michaels and The Rock came around in the late-1990s.

"From there, it was Shawn Michaels’ turn," Russo continued. "I remember Vince had me write every single promo for Shawn when they did the house show promos. Vince wanted every single promo being that white bread babyface promo. And I sat there with Shawn for hours. And it was so difficult and hard for Shawn to do, because he wasn’t that guy. After that it was the Rock. I’ll never forget. I was sitting in the office—me, The Rock and Vince— the day after The Rock won the title with that corporate swerve. And Vince is sitting there wanting him to go out and cut this white bread, babyface promo. And Rock kept looking at me like, ‘Is this guy serious?’"

Finally, Russo concluded by explaining his belief that Vince is simply out of touch at his age.

"Here we are with Roman Reigns 25, 30 years later [and] he’s doing the exact same thing," said Russo. "Because Vince, at 70 years old, really believes that the 1970s philosophy is going to work today. . . It’s all he knows. He’s repeating it over and over again. And there’s nobody there with the balls to say, ‘Vince, this does not work in 2016.’”
Damn..Russo isn't wrong :whew:

Daps
Some Meltzer Tales

There are now reportedly three bidders in the running to buy TNA. Dave Meltzer reported onLive Audio Wrestling that he's heard of two new bidders aside from Aroluxe, and one is "TV-based" and would run TNA in a way that could be compared to Turner and WCW. He didn't mention the name of the company.

Meltzer noted that if this TV company gets TNA, they may want to pull Impact Wrestling from Pop TV in favor of airing it on their own channels. He says TNA's international syndication deals in the UK and India would be the valuable assets to this bidder. One company that fits the criteria mentioned by Meltzer is Sinclair Broadcasting, where Aroluxe CEO David Johnson worked for 11 years. Sinclair Broadcasting is the parent company of Ring Of Honor.

In last week's Wrestling Observer Newsletter, Meltzer reported that Dixie Carter had already gone to TNA's international partners Sony Six in India and Challenge TV in the UK to offer them 10 percent of the company for funding, but they were not interested.

Norrin Radd

To me, my board!
Daps
Reppin
Zenn-La
I read his book, lotta gems in there

shame that the E didn't acknowledge it :smh:

his altercation with one of the uso's sounds like it caused some problems
He's got a book too? :ohhh: It's ridiculous the E doesn't promote their guys stuff like that.

jerniebert

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Fresno, Ca
Dixie just needs to take her ass to shark tank and ask the sharks to invest. That would be the most exposure they ever got.

CM_Burns

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Russo Tales. Why would Vince have Rock cut a "white bread babyface" promo the night after his big heel turn? He's not stupid.

Also, I doubt he was really disagreeingv with Vince like that in 94

R=G

Street Terrorist
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Westcoast
I'm laughing at how he said Rock looked at him like "wtf"...they definitely wanted Rock to do the heel promo because Vince was the heel to keep Rock from not getting cheered all the time.

Spiritual Stratocaster

Jesus is KING
Supporter
Daps
"There is a parallel. They tried, I think, to keep CM Punk down and they tried to make him seem [like] he wasn't big enough or wasn't what they wanted to be the star of the show and the company and gave all the main event spots to all the musclebound guys, Batista and all these other guys, years ago and he quit.
Click to expand...​
:russell:
He quit and someone shorter than him was able to actually get into the Main Event and make Batista tap:bryan:

After that it was the Rock. I’ll never forget. I was sitting in the office—me, The Rock and Vince— the day after The Rock won the title with that corporate swerve. And Vince is sitting there wanting him to go out and cut this white bread, babyface promo. And Rock kept looking at me like, ‘Is this guy serious?’"
Click to expand...​
:wtf:
:mjlol: :mjlol:

Coke fukking BOY brehs and brehettes... Russo gotta be trolling....still a funny story though.

Last edited:

Daps
"There is a parallel. They tried, I think, to keep CM Punk down and they tried to make him seem [like] he wasn't big enough or wasn't what they wanted to be the star of the show and the company and gave all the main event spots to all the musclebound guys, Batista and all these other guys, years ago and he quit.
Click to expand...​
:russell:
He quit and someone shorter than him was able to actually get into the Main Event and make Batista tap:bryan:

After that it was the Rock. I’ll never forget. I was sitting in the office—me, The Rock and Vince— the day after The Rock won the title with that corporate swerve. And Vince is sitting there wanting him to go out and cut this white bread, babyface promo. And Rock kept looking at me like, ‘Is this guy serious?’"
Click to expand...​
:wtf:
:mjlol: :mjlol:

Coke fukking BOY brehs and brehettes... Russo gotta be trolling....still a funny story though.