Jackson 5 knock The Beatles out TOP 100..Mike buys their catalog next

Spiritual Stratocaster

Jesus is KING
Supporter
Daps
:wow:

The Jackson 5 first 4 songs went to No.1 on the 100 chart.

They knocked the Beatles out of first place....no.other motown legends couldn't do it.

The J5 then in all their interviews have to lie and say they were influenced by the Beatles:mjlol:

Mike then goes on to become a global superstar and then buys their catalog.

shyt just blew my mind...and is one of the most BOSS Power moves in music business history.

Someone need to do a dissertation or write. A book on that shyt. Some Art of War type shyt.

Spiritual Stratocaster

Jesus is KING
Supporter
Daps
It's a shame how people forgot how big the J5 were in the 70's.

I partly blame the solo success of MJ tho.
Well Berry didn't let them produce their own..

The falling out with Holland Dozier..he didn't want the Jackson to become successful on there own...or rather bigger than motown..that is why the corporation was formed I believe...like he didn't want them becoming bigger than Motown...Marvin went through alot just to release 'What's Going On' . Berry had a hard time giving up creative control.

I think he wanted the press and everyone to claim that Berry and the Motown formula was the reason behind the artists' success.

Last edited:

The_Sheff

A Thick Sauce N*gga
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
ATL to MEM

The falling out with Holland Dozier..he didn't want the Jackson to become successful on there own...or rather bigger than motown..that is why the corporation was formed I believe...like he didn't want them becoming bigger than Motown...Marvin went through alot just to release 'What's Going On' . Berry had a hard time giving up creative control.

I think he wanted the press and everyone to claim that Berry and the Motown formula was the reason behind the artists' success.

That’s one knock against Motown for me. A lot of their bigger artists had to either leave or go on their own to really put out their best music.

Stevie had to have it written in his contract he has full creative control or he was bouncing. Jacksons bounced. They didn’t want Marvin Gaye to go the route he went. Didn’t let the Temptations record “War” and wanted Smokey to be their EXCLUSIVE song writer.

Maybe they figured that out at some point because they let Rick James do whatever he want.

Last edited:

tuckgod

The high exalted
Daps
And after he bought their catalog the industry turned him into a pedophile with a drug problem then killed him and we didn’t give two shyts about any of it and helped them destroy him like every other famous black man or woman so this means absolutely nothing.

High Art

👑King of The Salon👑
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Myself and my own.

The WWE of music.

THE MACHINE

night owl
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County

That’s one knock against Motown for me. A lot of their bigger artists had to either leave or go on their own to really put out their best music.

Stevie had to have it written in his contract he has full creative control or he was bouncing. Jacksons bounced. They didn’t want Marvin Gaye to go the route he went. Didn’t let the Temptations record “War”.

Maybe they figured that out at some point because they let Rick James do whatever he want.

Yeah, there were growing pains at Motown for sure. Overall they got it right 95% of the time but they were too hesitant to step into real world issues plaguing the black community.

Spiritual Stratocaster

Jesus is KING
Supporter
Daps
And after he bought their catalog the industry turned him into a pedophile with a drug problem then killed him and we didn’t give two shyts about any of it and helped them destroy him like every other famous black man or woman so this means absolutely nothing.
Speak for yourself...greatness should always be talked about.

keond

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
ATLANTA
I’ve said it before, the only challengers to MJs throne were The Beatles, Elvis and on contemporary level Prince and Madonna.

He brought the Beatles catalog and forced Paul McCartney to beg for more money when he had tax issues. He married Elvis daughter. He embarrassed Prince on stage with James Brown and Prince hated his sister for working with the Time during a period where he couldn’t buy a hit (post SOTT), took Madonna out and ghosted her.

DatNkkaCutty

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
@ PA
I’ve said it before, the only challengers to MJs throne were The Beatles, Elvis and on contemporary level Prince and Madonna.

He brought the Beatles catalog and forced Paul McCartney to beg for more money when he had tax issues. He married Elvis daughter. He embarrassed Prince on stage with James Brown and Prince hated his sister for working with the Time during a period where he couldn’t buy a hit (post SOTT), took Madonna out and ghosted her.

shyt. :scust:

MJ was moving like a savage, in his prime. :laff:

downtheline

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Back in the DMV

Im still waiting on a proper Stevie Wonder documentary. Not a “biopic”, but an actual in depth look at him

Ghost Utmost

The Soul of the Internet
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the Aether

I tried for a second to find a flaw somewhere in this post but it appears to be exactly right