James Harden is 1 game away from attempting more Free Throws than Larry Bird had in entire career

ISO

Pass me the rock nikka
Daps
Reppin
BX, NYC
The same Mike that got to the line 12 times a game in certain seasons :mjgrin:

Remote

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
The same Mike that got to the line 12 times a game in certain seasons :mjgrin:
Michael Jordan had just 2 seasons averaging 10+ Free Throw Attempts per game.
And they came in his 2nd and 3rd years.

He must have built up one hell of a reputation in college

:mjgrin:

Tha_Mac

and this is Life As Tha Mac
Daps
I only managed to watch like two Rockets games this year. One was the 50 pts he had on us. He's no doubt a beast at getting at the rim and shooting, but I don't think I've ever hated a style of play as much :scust:

Dude's go-to move is the ref calling a foul :gucci:

So I guess these ain't go-to moves

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

KOBE

Superstar
Daps
Harden mastered the art of dribbling into and jumping into defenders. They misplace their hand and he just goes into it.

Honestly if you rework the rules for the likes of Shaq then you gotta rework the rules so shyt can't get exploited like it is by Harden. He ain't doing nothing wrong, but the rules are wrong if what he's doing works like it does.

GoddamnyamanProf

Countdown to Armageddon
Daps
What a lazy and stupid attempt to try to discredit the MVP of the league

Harden's fta average isnt any higher than your average great scorer throughout the years, and plenty of greats shot more free throws than him.

93 til

Superstar
Daps
Hardens game is a work of art when he actually makes an attempt to score. I guess I got numb to the flopping because I kinda find it :mjgrin: when he does it. He's a troll on the court and I don't think he's gonna change his game anytime soon. Yet to see it work in the playoffs tho

Last edited:

Remote

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
What a lazy and stupid attempt to try to discredit the MVP of the league

Harden's fta average isnt any higher than your average great scorer throughout the years, and plenty of greats shot more free throws than him.
I didn't discredit anybody.

And James Harden shot 837 Free Throws last season.
You know how many Point Guards attempted more than that in NBA history?

Jerry West.
In the fukkin 1960s.

So it's disingenuous to act like a PG shooting 800 FTs a year is on par with some elite Center getting to the line 800 times

GoddamnyamanProf

Countdown to Armageddon
Daps
I didn't discredit anybody.

And James Harden shot 837 Free Throws last season.
You know how many Point Guards attempted more than that in NBA history?

Jerry West.
In the fukkin 1960s.

So it's disingenuous to act like a PG shooting 800 FTs a year is on par with some elite Center getting to the line 800 times
The only thing thats disingenuous is trying to spin and cherry pick stats to manipulate them into reinforcing the already predetermined agenda that says Harden relies on free throws too much, which is your point w this thread.

Why else would you set such arbitrary and goofy parameters of consideration to make that Jerry West ESPN stat? :heh: No different from the initial Bird comparison.

You know Harden didnt even play pg until this season, right? Yet for some reason you're comparing last season's free throw numbers to other pgs in history. And of course you want to look at the totals for the year, not the average, because Harden played all 82 that year so it makes it seem inflated, which is again the only way the ESPN stat works.

If you compare Harden's fta totals for the year to other great wing scorers you see guys like Jordan and Durant had higher fta totals during a few seasons, and if you use the # he averaged instead of the total to account for guys that didnt play all 82, there's countless others that have shot more free throws multiple seasons as well.

Point being, yes Harden shoots a lot of free throws - he's likely on the higher end of the spectrum when considering all great scorers - but he isnt the most prolific freethrower in history, nor even of his own era, and the narrative that he relies on free throws to an exorbitant extent compared to all great scorers in history is extremely overblown and false.