Japan's GPIF, world's largest pension fund, may invest in U.S. infrastructure (700k jobs, tolls)

DonKnock

KPJ Gonna Save Us
Daps
Reppin
Houston
Wonder what deal is trying to be cut by the Japanese.
This is a terrible investment on their end, and i can only gues Abe thinks he won't be alive to suffer for the loss on the investment.
I'd say he's banking on us continuing to be too dumb to invest in public transportation:yeshrug:

Red Shield

Global Domination
Daps
Reppin
.0001%
We're are yall seeing them say toll roads?

Stupid of the Japanese to invest money into the usa. But...

Japan since WW2 has been a vassal nation, an unsinkable aircraft carrier.

DonKnock

KPJ Gonna Save Us
Daps
Reppin
Houston
How does he or the pension fund benefit if the US doesn't use it to invest in public transportation

Well if they're going to pay to build toll roads, then it would be advantageous for them if Americans to continue to keep driving cars and not have any sort of high speed rails :ld:

David_TheMan

Banned
Daps
Well if they're going to pay to build toll roads, then it would be advantageous for them if Americans to continue to keep driving cars and not have any sort of high speed rails :ld:
high speed rails aren't economically feasible and 2nd this plan doesn't seem economically viable in the slightest knowing how the US is setup.
So again what benefit do the Japanese have in this clearly risky investment with their people's pension funds.

DonKnock

KPJ Gonna Save Us
Daps
Reppin
Houston
high speed rails aren't economically feasible and 2nd this plan doesn't seem economically viable in the slightest knowing how the US is setup.
So again what benefit do the Japanese have in this clearly risky investment with their people's pension funds.

I don't like privatization so I'm not about to ride for it here. :hubie:

But regardless, your quick dismissal of them as not economically viable doesn't mean that is indeed the case or that the Japanese view it that way:francis:

88m3

Fast Money & Foreign Objects
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn
How does he or the pension fund benefit if the US doesn't use it to invest in public transportation

improved roads/bridges/ and tunnels would greatly benefit the movement of people and goods idk how it pans out I'm sure someone ran a cost benefit analysis

DonKnock

KPJ Gonna Save Us
Daps
Reppin
Houston
Additionally, Japan's population is shrinking and they have a work-a-holic culture, so they can afford to gamble with pensions slightly more than the U.S. can on the verge of a baby-boomer tax catastrophe

David_TheMan

Banned
Daps
I don't like privatization so I'm not about to ride for it here. :hubie:

But regardless, your quick dismissal of them as not economically viable doesn't mean that is indeed the case or that the Japanese view it that way:francis:
You claimed the japanese would benefit if they US doesn't invest in its infrastructure.
I said how do they benefit when what they are trying to do was seen as cost ineffective for the US to do itself.
I'm not arguing on behalf of US citizen, I'm looking at the Japanese who are getting killed with this terrible investment.