Jay Z and Beyoncé are now tied for the most Grammy noms in history, 88 each

No1

Retired.
Supporter
Daps
Testament to how stale black music is...

Its like they cant fill a categorybout without having 1 of the 2

Ok.. still, 80 something noms means something lacking in black music. Something is seriously wrong
They’ve both been relevant for over 30 years. It’s actually not that crazy when you think about it. No one else from their era besides Eminem is still commercially successful. They’re going to get the votes from the older voters who came up with them every time.

dora_da_destroyer

Master Baker
Daps
Reppin
Oakland
Testament to how stale black music is...

Its like they cant fill a categorybout without having 1 of the 2

Ok.. still, 80 something noms means something lacking in black music. Something is seriously wrong
80 nominations means their teams politic and put in the work with the academy, they are both very brand/product driven and it paid off in terms of objective measures of success - sales, money, awards. neither have ever felt like authentic people, but authentic dont pay the bills

Cladyclad

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Detroit Lions, Michigan Wolverines & LWO
80 nominations means their teams politic and put in the work with the academy, they are both very brand/product driven and it paid off in terms of objective measures of success - sales, money, awards. neither have ever felt like authentic people, but authentic dont pay the bills
Or it could be they make really popular well received music for decades and the Grammys reward them for it

Last edited:

TheAnointedOne

Superstar
Daps
Nas put his tracklist out and next day Hov put a picture of all his grammies :mjlol:

Yeah I'm not sure if breh is confused by my post or what. The timing of this story (Beyonce/Jay-Z grammy noms) is too obvious. Surely I can't be the only one who sees this.

Cladyclad

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Detroit Lions, Michigan Wolverines & LWO
Nas put his tracklist out and next day Hov put a picture of all his grammies :mjlol:
Jay z didn’t do that lol
Yeah I'm not sure if breh is confused by my post or what. The timing of this story (Beyonce/Jay-Z grammy noms) is too obvious. Surely I can't be the only one who sees this.
Jay z don’t dictate when the Grammy nominations are released

Wtf is wrong with y’all

Solo_87

All Star
Daps

Grammy nominations were announced yesterday hence the news, etc

That announcement had been planned months prior