Mixtapes & EPs Jay-Z 'Kingdom Come' over the Clipse 'Hell Hath No Fury' beats (Concept Blendtape)

djfilthyrich

All Star
Daps
A quick concept-mix to see what it would've sounded like

siJv5hk.jpg

According to Pusha T’s 2011 Complex interview, Clipse’s revered third studio album was originally in Jay-Z’s hands. In fact, he confirmed the production for 'Hell Hath No Fury' was meant for 'Kingdom Come'. Although Clipse’s album dropped a week after Jay-Z’s infamous comeback album, the records were more intertwined than fans initially realized.

"Hell Hath No Fury was actually a Jay-Z album, Pharrell had originally made all those records for Jay-Z’s Kingdom Come,” Pusha T said. “I got wind of all these records and for whatever reason the deal wasn’t solidified. Then whatever was going down and whatever red tape happens during albums, Jay-Z picks other beats. And we ended up getting it back.”

"There was quite a few of [those beats meant for Jay]," he continued. "It was like, ‘Momma I’m So Sorry,’ ‘Riding Around Shining,’ ‘We Got It For Cheap,’ ‘Chinese New Year.’ An amazing portion of the album were Jay-Z beats."
- Pusha T (Complex, 2011)

and if you missed it.....

g8z33Oh.jpg

A blendtape commemorating the 25th anniversaries of Jay-Z's 'Hard Knock Life Vol.2' + the Black Star debut. These albums are complete opposites (both sonically & thematically), which is why I wanted to see what the combination would sound like. Hov's street raps over Black Star's jazzy instrumentals??? Counterintuitive, but it works.

Last edited:

Methodical

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I don't like Jay-Z's album Kingdom Come at all. But worth it to check this out to see how he sounds over Clipse's album Hell Halth No Fury beats.