JAY-Z on why he didn't approve of Travis Scott performing at the Super Bowl (hint: Not Kaep)

Daps
JAY-Z Explains Criticism of Maroon 5/Travis Scott Super Bowl Show

ET was at the press conference held at the Roc Nation boardroom in New York City, where JAY-Z addressed turning down the Super Bowl halftime this year.

"Nobody -- with all due respect -- nobody mentions Adam Levine in this whole thing and the role he played in this," JAY-Z told reporters. "We all talk about Kaepernick, that's a hot button issue, but this is an entertainment company as well. We also have to discuss what happened ... what happened with the Super Bowl?"

"Well, we had to have a conversation right, because, there was a lot of talk around Adam Levine's performance in Atlanta, and me being vocal about stepping back from performing as well," he continued. "I think that sparked some of the conversation [with the NFL] as well."

"Nobody asked about it, but my problem with Travis Scott wasn't about him not playing football, my problem was that he had the biggest year to me," he explained. "Last year, he had a monster record -- 'Sicko Mode' -- and he's playing on a stage with an M on it. I don't see any reason for him to pay second fiddle to anyone that year and that was my problem."

So, he's even back tracking on it being about boycotting due to the NFL's response to Kaep.

Dammit.

:mjcry:

One of my faves.

Sauce Dab

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
rp3P4YM.gif

Buckeye Fever

YOU WILL ALL HAIL TO THE VICTORS!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Hip-Hop Since '79
Reminds me of when my homeboy said he would beat up any dude that was around his son after he broke up with his woman.

When her new boyfriend was some big time gangsta ass nikka, he was like "Oh, Warnellious is cool people. He sat me down and told me what it was. I'm glad she found a good nikka":mjcry: