JAY Z : "Why do we get so upset when we, as a culture, want to start our own shyt?"

Daps
Jay Z Bought Three Pairs Of Big Baller Brand's ZO2s

"LaVar Ball, he said, ‘I’m gonna start my own company.’ Everybody’s like, ‘You should sign to Nike.’ He may go about things wrong. He may have a big mouth. But I bought three pairs. I didn’t get ‘em. But that man has a vision of his own. Why wouldn’t I support him? Why wouldn’t I support him? He feels like he can move culture and his son got a big enough name and a big enough brand that they can do it.

Nike had to start somewhere. Why do we get so upset when we, as a culture, want to start our own shyt? That shyt is puzzling to me. I sit back and I’m like, this makes no sense. Why can’t he start a sneaker? ‘Oh, his sneakers are terrible.’ Remember, I’m not being negative towards anyone. I’ve seen some bad sneakers from Under Armour. I’ve seen bad Michael Jordan sneakers.

Michael Jordan obviously is the greatest. At some point he was selling for Nike and at some point he broke away and he started building the Jordan Brand. I’m sure that was difficult. And I’m sure people at that time, when he was building the Jordan Brand, was like, ‘You playing yourself. You’re gonna leave Nike?’ Man, all due respect, fukk Nike. And I don’t mean personally, I mean like fukk the thing.

Everyone has this reverence towards these things. I’m sure when we walked in and started Roc Nation, everyone looked and said ‘Universal’ or Def Jam. Like, we built the brand. It can happen. We are culture. Nothing moves without us. We just continue to give it away. And it’s cool. Everyone can participate. Nike still works with Jordan. It’s just the nature of our relationship has to change."

Daps
But what happened to the distribution company that Dame, Shug & Irv was starting though? I heard they got ratted out but I forgot who the snitch was.

:patrice:

Snitches rattin us out but its all good my son sells cookies and I sell barrels of oil
VTkRw10.png

Trustus

Black like the planet that they fear
Supporter
Daps
NOW WATCH EVERY nikka SAY THEY fukk WITH LAVAR BALL AND THE MOVEMENT WHEN BEFORE JAYZ SPOKE NOTHING BUT OTHER nikkaS SAYING fukk LAVAR AND LONZO ALL MY HOMIES WAS CURVING THAT shyt WATCH THEM PAY HOMAGE NOW CAUSE JAYZ STAMPED IT...THATS HOW bytch nikkaS ARE NOW A DAYS
That's how it is nowadays nikkas stay waiting for a co-sign so they can hop on.