Jeezy ft. Puff Daddy - Bottles Up

EBK String

Better Ring String
Supporter
Daps
Be a 40 year old man making song about popping bottles in the club :flabbynsick:

Didn't this nikka just come out with a quasi gospel album last year? These rap nikkas are so unimpressive

L. Deezy

Veteran
Daps
I was going to say whose flow is Jeezy using, it was going to come to me in a minute.....The beat and lyrics are cool, it's well done.

I just think in these times, can we stop with rollies and bottles, esp. from industry veterans? I am so sick of songs that appeal to the 0.1 percent of people who live this lifestyle, (exactly the way it's depicted here) but also are part of hip hop?

Most of the dudes in the club wit bottles (on this exact scale depicted) are corporate, finance, start up guys, rich kids....and I can go tonight and get bottles, but I can't spend 40k in the club, I am not wearing a 250k watch, but no one else is either. You know the kinds of dope boys who wear 500k on the wrist? Chapo Guzman's kids.

I don't even know how dudes with regular jobs and hourly pay listen to this shyt. If it inspires you to get bottles, so you can "level up", the music is not helping matters.

Well said

Ronnie Lott

#49erGang
Daps
I was going to say whose flow is Jeezy using, it was going to come to me in a minute.....The beat and lyrics are cool, it's well done.

I just think in these times, can we stop with rollies and bottles, esp. from industry veterans? I am so sick of songs that appeal to the 0.1 percent of people who live this lifestyle, (exactly the way it's depicted here) but also are part of hip hop?

Most of the dudes in the club wit bottles (on this exact scale depicted) are corporate, finance, start up guys, rich kids....and I can go tonight and get bottles, but I can't spend 40k in the club, I am not wearing a 250k watch, but no one else is either. You know the kinds of dope boys who wear 500k on the wrist? Chapo Guzman's kids.

I don't even know how dudes with regular jobs and hourly pay listen to this shyt. If it inspires you to get bottles, so you can "level up", the music is not helping matters.

Bro it’s not that deep

:why:

GetRichOrDieTryin

Superstar
Daps

I get you but sometimes you just wanna enjoy

i aint spending more than $20 on drinks but the song makes my $20 feel like $20 million :ehh:

L&HH

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
PG x MD

I don't even know how dudes with regular jobs and hourly pay listen to this shyt. It's like the music directs you to identify with the 1%. If it inspires you to get bottles, so you can "level up", the music is not helping matters.

'My President is Black" was never revolutionary, but it was timely and dope, now in this era, it's "Bottles Up", come one Jeezy.
We're all just temporarily embarrassed millionaires.

re'up

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
San Diego
Yeah, that is a great quote, I always forget it's origin though. It's so ingrained into our society to celebrate this kind of thing, and ultimately people identify and idolize people who don't represent them, is how I see it. And I fukk with Jeezy since 2005, his music is really personal for me sometimes, but there comes a time when you have to "level up" in a different way.