Jeff Bezos Visits A High School .. Teacher and Lil brehs + brehettes don't know who he is ..

Geode

All Star
Daps
I'm not gonna totally blame the kids, although the gap between being aware and being willfully clueless is widening with this new generation. However, an adult should have explained the program and who he is way before he dropped in, ie "welcome to CS class. This class has been funded by Amazon...." there should have been a whole previous lesson on Amazon and its impact on CS and society, good and bad. Rarely do we has these kind of talks with our kids, but want to point n laugh when our kids are unaware and uninformed.

phcitywarrior

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Naija / DMV
The bar we set for our youth is too low. Far too low.

The school’s should have prepped the kids prior to ensure when Bezos shows up the kids have intelligent questions to ask. No one is saying Bezos bout to hand out jobs but he can give some insight to some programs for highschoolers

“Make sure you check out ABC content because you’ll get a chance to build XYZ skills”.

You don’t know what you don’t know. Sometimes it takes other people to tell you what you don’t know. No knowledge is ever wasteful.

Not saying the kids should recognize him by face, but by name, sure. In middle school even D-Boys around my way knew Bill Gates by name. Some would claim they were the “Trap Bill Gates”.

jwonder

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
DADE County
The bar we set for our youth is too low. Far too low.

The school’s should have prepped the kids prior to ensure when Bezos shows up the kids have intelligent questions to ask. No one is saying Bezos bout to hand out jobs but he can give some insight to some programs for highschoolers

“Make sure you check out ABC content because you’ll get a chance to build XYZ skills”.

You don’t know what you don’t know. Sometimes it takes other people to tell you what you don’t know. No knowledge is ever wasteful.

Not saying the kids should recognize him by face, but by name, sure. In middle school even D-Boys around my way knew Bill Gates by name. Some would claim they were the “Trap Bill Gates”.

Again I can't blame 15 year olds not knowing who a billionaire is. Not even by name. School is responsible for that if he is going to show up.

Bill Gates is a poor comparison because he's in technology. That's these kids thing. His name is heard alot vs Bezos.

O.Red

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
The irony of this thread is the same reasoning that makes y'all so quick to shyt on the kids is the same reason these kids don't respect or look up to you grinning ass nikkas

Y'all in here with the same energy as boppers when an NBA nikka walks in the room

Blaming kids as a first resort is some ho ass shyt and shows the type of nikkas y'all really are. The kids know it too that's why they're out here feeling lost and unprotected

Nikkas see straight through it because we see how some of y'all nikkas "network" and "soak up game":camby:

Putting on a show just like the rappers you hate. The rappers are just more entertaining

jwonder

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
DADE County
For everybody in here with the "I knew who Bill Gates was when I was their age:smugdraper:" bullshyt, how did that information help you in any capacity????
They are idiots for comparing a fulfillment center guy to a guy who literally changed the way we worked and everyday life with technology. No shyt you would know who is

When I was 15. I had no clue who Warren Buffet was.:gucci:

Rollie Forbes

Drapetomaniac.
Daps
People talking about he's just there for a photo op, but what does he have to gain by appearing here? I mean, he's funding these classes so maybe he does actually care. Or maybe not, I don't know the man. Either way, I see someone going out of their way to give these kids resources that they wouldn't normally have. That's a win for the kids, and who knows, in that classroom,t could be a few software, network, or database engineers eventually working for Amazon
That's absolutely a win for the kids!
What if, though; instead of getting jobs at Amazon, that visit encouraged some of those kids to start their own companies?

Rozay Oro

2 Peter 3:9 if you don’t know God
Supporter
Daps
Having access to one of the riches men in the world and not taking advantage.
They wasted an opportunity of a lifetime and they dont even know it :snoop:
They're supposed kiss his ass? Kids shouldn't know nor care about CEOs. Let's be honest bezos got lucky Amazon worked and never had competition.