Jerry Seinfeld on Woke Left Killing Comedy: 'This is the Result of the Extreme Left and PC Crap'

Cuban Pete

Aka 305DeadCounty
Daps
Reppin
SOHH ICEY MONOPOLY
^ Content warnings have always existed. I fukking hate people like you. Just whiny racist pieces of shyt who think they're being oppressed because they're not being catered to.

Man thats true but... this is Just stupid. Those Italian goodfellas mobsters were just that, caricatures. John gotti did not speak like a scholar, all these dudes were ignorant goombas that played in the streets. Its like slapping a content warning on scarface, carlitos way, menace or boyz in the hood. Are there not people who really act and talk and carry themselves like the characters in these movies? Whats the point of acting then if shyt like this is considered offensive?

And the more insidious part, is when this gets normalized, then the white hick racists are gonna start bytching that roles like edward norto in american history x or Michael rappaport in higher learning are just "offensive stereotypes" and theyll start weaponizing that so that those stories wont be told cause they find it offensive. And when you stop telling these stories, society at large starts falling into those cycles again

Its almost like people just wanna virtue signal rather than put in any work to dismantle these systems in 2024, you could see it with how the younger generations are simultaneously the most likely to be social justice warriors one day and then be "redpilled" and turn into full on MAGA cucks

voltronblack

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Its almost like people just wanna virtue signal rather than put in any work to dismantle these systems in 2024, you could see it with how the younger generations are simultaneously the most likely to be social justice warriors one day and then be "redpilled" and turn into full on MAGA cucks
:jbhmm:Has that not always been the case young whites and even black/non-black people of color start off being political progressive only to become political conservative:mjpls: as they get older. Hell look at the flower generation they would grow up to vote for ronald reagan:mjpls:

the cac mamba

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
^ Content warnings have always existed. I fukking hate people like you. Just whiny racist pieces of shyt who think they're being oppressed because they're not being catered to.
you should change your name to Pull Out the Tampon

my caucasity is not overlooked, but you are a true fakkit. easily one of the worst posters to post in here

Professor Emeritus

Veteran
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the ether
:jbhmm:Has that not always been the case young whites and even black/non-black people of color start off being political progressive only to become political conservative:mjpls: as they get older. Hell look at the flower generation they would grow up to vote for ronald reagan:mjpls:

No, it's just a stereotype based off the baby boomers and they had already made that turn 40+ years ago. Look at political allegiance over time, Generation X and Millennials never made the turn to the right that the Baby Boomers pulled. That's why the right dominated presidential elections 1968-1988 (winning 5 out of 6 popular votes including wins by 8%, 9%, 18%, and 23%) but then only won the popular vote once in eight tries from 1992-2020, and that was by 2%.

Professor Emeritus

Veteran
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the ether
Wonder if micheal richards' career being destroyed after his racist outburst has something to do with jerrys opinion

He had Richards as a guest on his show a few years after that incident and gave him a whole platform to bytch about getting canceled as if he was the victim.

He was repeatedly criticized because his "Comedians in Cars Getting Coffee" show was almost always White men, and Seinfeld almost entirely revolved around White people too (despite being set in NYC which was only like 35% white at the time).

He's also a big Zionist, so of course he's going to be feeling some way about the left. He's been protested multiple times.

The media got on his ass hard when he was dating that 17 year old, and he's been clear that he's always been bitter about that.

He's close friends with other comedians who have been cancelled too, like Louis C.K. I also got the impression he didn't agree with the way Cosby got hit by his past.

He's always been a George Carlin stan, who said some similar things.

There's a lot of reasons that it was pretty obvious he would take this stance. I don't know why anyone would surprised by it or find value. It's like being surprised that Cac Mamba is defending a white status quo again.

HipHopStan

Top 113 Poster
Daps
Reppin
I LIVE IN A CARDBOARD BOX!
Not sure how much he believes this. He was on a talk show once where louis ck used the N word to his "friend" Chris Rock.
Rock was visibly shocked, the White host and audience laughed, and it was Jerry Seinfeld who wasn't laughing, that called ck out for saying that shyt.
He rightfully called that bullshyt out, as editors are right to call out offensive language in comedy routines and bits. ck felt completely comfortable saying in public what he had obviously said to Rock in private. Had Seinfeld not said anything, guests and audience would have just laughed it off.
"You've found the humor in it, I havent. Nor do i seek it."

I’m really not the biggest fan of Jerry Seinfeld or his humor (I feel like the show Seinfeld was really Larry David’s until he left) however, I will admit that I have a lot of respect for him doing that. He probably had flashbacks to the incident with Michael Richards many years ago. I’m still surprised that Chris Rock didn’t check Louis on that.

Professor Emeritus

Veteran
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the ether
:dahell: I was a kid then but how'd he get a pass on that?

The fukk are you doing being romantically involved with someone who still has homework?

Because until very recently, virtually no one got cancelled for anything they did in their private lives unless it ended in jail time. I'm pretty sure we could come up with 100 examples of celebrities over 30 dating girls 18 or under. Even R. Kelly continued to have a thriving career AFTER everyone knew about the Aaliyah marriage and the pee tape. It only became a problem for people like them recently.

Jerry wants to go back to those days.

Fresh

New York Knicks
Daps
Some of it was and never should have been socially acceptable :yeshrug:

If you struggle to come up with jokes that don’t offend people, then maybe you weren’t that great of a comedian to begin with.

whenever white people complain and use the word "woke" they usually just want to say some racist sh1t about Black people

same when they use the term "pc", they're not talking about Asians or Jews or gays, just Black people