Jim Jones Claims His Influence On Hip Hop Fashion Is ‘Even More Prevalent’ Today

Street Knowledge

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NYC
Jim Jones has claimed that his influence on Hip Hop cannot be denied, and now, he’s claiming credit for some of the fashion that fans have seen on modern rap stars today.

The Dipset capo took to his Instagram on Thursday (February 1). There, he shared an old magazine article featuring a photo of his younger self in tight (by the standards of the time) but oversized jeans, a skull belt buckle, and a leather jacket — very similar to what many artists of today wear. This fact, Jim said, was due to his influence.

“20 years ago I been on it just incase u don’t know why u on it now I caused a shift in th rap fashion thts even more prevalent now tht it was when we started it #RapRockStar skull & bone lifestyle @thejuelzsantana,” he wrote in the caption.

He also revealed that his sartorial choices had a deeper meaning.

“The Skull represents all of our falling soldiers SIP The Chain gang(wallet chain) represents all of our soldiers locked up POW Just incase u didn’t know th true definition of wht ur representing when u got tht fly sh!t on Stay fly my friends.”

Check out the post below.

Wild self

The Black Man will prosper!
Supporter
Daps
Its true :francis:

He really killed off baggy clothes in 2004-2006 along with Kanye West. He and random Dipset members be up on Fordham road back then, beefing with retailers to dead Rocawear/Phat Farm/Sean Jean baggy outfits when the Dips had the juice. He really the reason why baggy clothes are extinct and why 90s babies went to that rockstar look.